Michigan Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

Killingly

Silver

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Post by Killingly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Just got my ASW info. Does anyone know if it'd be cool to check into the hotel before we register? I'd rather not be lugging my carry-on everywhere.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Killingly wrote:Just got my ASW info. Does anyone know if it'd be cool to check into the hotel before we register? I'd rather not be lugging my carry-on everywhere.
I'm pretty sure that on ASW when you check the letter about preview weekend it does say to check in prior to the events.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:38 pm

JustE wrote:Just received my scholarship offer. It's official. I'm going to be a Wolverine!!!! WoOoooOoOo!!!!! lol. Can't wait to meet you all!!! :lol:
Did you receive it in the mail or on ASW? 36k exceeds the highest awards doesn't it? I thought they only did 25k as the highest per year amount before Darrow territory.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:41 pm

JoeMo wrote:
Killingly wrote:Just got my ASW info. Does anyone know if it'd be cool to check into the hotel before we register? I'd rather not be lugging my carry-on everywhere.
I'm pretty sure that on ASW when you check the letter about preview weekend it does say to check in prior to the events.
Events, yes. I just wanted to know about the hotel.

46nyc

Bronze

Post by 46nyc » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Killingly wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
They'll probably hold your bags for you at the front desk if you haven't gotten to check in yet. Also, I'm SO excited...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 pm

46nyc wrote:
Killingly wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
They'll probably hold your bags for you at the front desk if you haven't gotten to check in yet. Also, I'm SO excited...
Same! And thanks. I'm not trying to wheel my carry-on around the streets of A2.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Killingly wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
No, I mean I think it says to go check in at your hotel prior to going to the campus for the events. However, what the other poster said is also credited and any hotel will hold your bags for you.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:04 pm

JoeMo wrote:
Killingly wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
No, I mean I think it says to go check in at your hotel prior to going to the campus for the events. However, what the other poster said is also credited and any hotel will hold your bags for you.
Ohhh. I have major reading comp failures. I'll just go to the hotel haha

legalstuff

New

Post by legalstuff » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 am

first off: CONGRATULATIONS class of 2015!!! Really looking forward to meeting you all this summer/fall.

Also, I'm hoping to sublet my apartment to you potential summer starters. It would be available anytime from May through August. It's fully furnished, and I'd be happy to leave different appliances/kitchen stuff/etc. as needed. As far as location, honestly, you could not be more convenient to the law school. For those of you who know the area, it's right at Packard and Hill. So depending on which law building, it's either a 3- or 5- minute walk from door-to-door.

It's a nice sized 1BR apartment, with a living room, kitchen, and lots of closet space. Utilities (gas/electricity/water) are all included. Parking is available for a fee (not sure what my landlord charges for parking over the summer, but it's usually quite reasonable). Also, wireless internet (comcast) is available...split with the apartment upstairs, it's $21/month.

Anyway, message me if you're interested. and again, CONGRATULATIONS. 1L is pretty tough, but I truly believe it doesn't really get any better than MLaw in terms of caliber and quality of faculty/students. Plus, it's just a cool group of people.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:17 am

legalstuff wrote:. 1L is pretty tough, but I truly believe it doesn't really get any better than MLaw in terms of caliber and quality of faculty/students. Plus, it's just a cool group of people.
:)

Geoffrey

New

Post by Geoffrey » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Anyone know how difficult it is to get in-state tuition after the first year? It's not going to affect my decision...mostly just curious...

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Geoffrey wrote:Anyone know how difficult it is to get in-state tuition after the first year? It's not going to affect my decision...mostly just curious...
I'm pretty sure you can't (that it takes 4ish years) in mich- someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:14 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:Anyone know how difficult it is to get in-state tuition after the first year? It's not going to affect my decision...mostly just curious...
I'm pretty sure you can't (that it takes 4ish years) in mich- someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You can't have moved here for purpose of education. I think it prevents spouses who move with from getting

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Hm...this is interesting because Michigan sent me an email about how to become a Michigan resident in the first year...

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:20 pm

If the scholarship in the mail and money section is confirmed, I'll definitely be moving to AA next year. I have my doubts, but there's nothing like a little money to buy a nice set of rose colored glasses! :wink:

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:18 pm

I thought you profile said, "a good peasant" Campagnolo :lol: sorry, I crack myself up.

American_in_China

Bronze

Post by American_in_China » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Campagnolo wrote:If the scholarship in the mail and money section is confirmed, I'll definitely be moving to AA next year. I have my doubts, but there's nothing like a little money to buy a nice set of rose colored glasses! :wink:
Samesies. My rose glasses are officially on. Ann Arbor is all but certain now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

outsidethescope

Bronze

Post by outsidethescope » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:17 pm

I was feeling kind of blue, and I changed my work desktop to rotating images of Michigan--definitely the BEST pick me up ever!

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:22 pm

outsidethescope wrote:I was feeling kind of blue, and I changed my work desktop to rotating images of Michigan--definitely the BEST pick me up ever!
:)

DaftAndDirect

Bronze

Post by DaftAndDirect » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:27 pm

outsidethescope wrote:I was feeling kind of blue, and I changed my work desktop to rotating images of Michigan--definitely the BEST pick me up ever!
Ironically enough, more Blue made you less blue.

I too crack myself up.

Anyone else enjoying creeping the Mich 2015 FB group as much as I am?

outsidethescope

Bronze

Post by outsidethescope » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:29 pm

DaftAndDirect wrote:

I too crack myself up.

:lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lady in Red

Bronze

Post by Lady in Red » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 pm

DaftAndDirect wrote:

I too crack myself up.

Lol...I haven't checked TLS in a few days and I came back to all this merriment! U Mich '15 rocks. I read one of the other schools' threads the other day, and it only took about 5 minutes...but I was still half asleep by the end. We're clearly a fun bunch. :)

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Does anyone know the deadline to RSVP to ASW?

catwomangirl

Bronze

Post by catwomangirl » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:27 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:Does anyone know the deadline to RSVP to ASW?
I don't know if there's a deadline for RSVPing so much as limited housing. After a certain point, I think the subsidized hotel rooms will run out.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:18 pm

catwomangirl wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:Does anyone know the deadline to RSVP to ASW?
I don't know if there's a deadline for RSVPing so much as limited housing. After a certain point, I think the subsidized hotel rooms will run out.
Credited. They already ran out for Preview I so now it's only whatever is left in Preview II but other than that I think you could realistically RSVP to Preview itself a few days before and it wouldn't be a problem.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”