NYU Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
indigomachine

Re: NYU Class of 2015

Postby indigomachine » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:28 pm

After sketching on the CLS 2015 forum a bit, it looks like they have stuff happening on August 20th and someone mentioned their orientation starting end of the week, so I'd guess Thursday or Friday of the previous week?

edit: Didn't see a specific date. I'm just going to ask in the forum and see if there's any interest on their end and what date their orientation is.

Chucky21

Postby Chucky21 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any info on my position, especially those who were on the waitlist. I had an interest call yesterday which I feel was positive, went DLS today, is this good or bad?

jmets890

Postby jmets890 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Chucky21 wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any info on my position, especially those who were on the waitlist. I had an interest call yesterday which I feel was positive, went DLS today, is this good or bad?

I'd say that 99% chance you're in. Congrats!

Chucky21

Postby Chucky21 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:41 pm

jmets890 wrote:
Chucky21 wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any info on my position, especially those who were on the waitlist. I had an interest call yesterday which I feel was positive, went DLS today, is this good or bad?

Thanks! I had given up all hope until I got the call, what's the next thing that happens usually? email? or phone call? has anyone been rejected this way?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Chucky21 wrote:
jmets890 wrote:

Thanks! I had given up all hope until I got the call, what's the next thing that happens usually? email? or phone call? has anyone been rejected this way?

phone call. Also, can you get into the admitted students website?

Chucky21

Postby Chucky21 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:49 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Chucky21 wrote:
jmets890 wrote:

Nope just tried... should I be able to get in right away after going DLS?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Chucky21 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Chucky21 wrote:
jmets890 wrote:I'd say that 99% chance you're in. Congrats!

Nope just tried... should I be able to get in right away after going DLS?

it varies. Some rounds of admission it's immediate. Other rounds it's the next day.

The only negative thing I've ever seen after someone getting a call is no action. There have been no reports of Call > Deny, and NYU doesn't do an updated wait list AFAIK

jmets890

Postby jmets890 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Chucky21 wrote:
jmets890 wrote:

I'd be shocked if you didnt get a phone call tomorrow at some point, since I've never heard of DLS-->reject. Like jam said, check asw in the meantime (compulsively, if you're like me).

Chucky21

Postby Chucky21 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks for the info guys I'll keep checking that asw!

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Chucky21 wrote:Thanks for the info guys I'll keep checking that asw!

You're definitely in! I predict phone call/ASW access sometime tomorrow. Welcome and congrats!

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:50 pm

where were you planning to go before?

Chucky21

Postby Chucky21 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:59 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:

Cornell

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:15 am

Chucky21 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

Cornell

well, now you won't freeze to death/commit suicide :lol:

Chucky21

Postby Chucky21 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:20 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Chucky21 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

Cornell

well, now you won't freeze to death/commit suicide :lol:

Haha I know! I just hope it's good news as predicted, can't wait to make it official!

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:25 am

Chucky21 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:well, now you won't freeze to death/commit suicide :lol:

Haha I know! I just hope it's good news as predicted, can't wait to make it official!

they wouldn't have called you if they were going to ding you, and even though they act like they're making decision very quickly, they knew before they called that they'd admit you if you responded positively.

Chucky21

Postby Chucky21 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:03 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Chucky21 wrote:

they wouldn't have called you if they were going to ding you, and even though they act like they're making decision very quickly, they knew before they called that they'd admit you if you responded positively.

Looks like you're right. Admitted today. See you guys in a couple of weeks!

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Chucky21 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Chucky21 wrote:

that's awesome

http://www.facebook.com/groups/10314604 ... ment_reply

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Chucky21 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Chucky21 wrote:

Hell yeah!

RonnyDworkin

Postby RonnyDworkin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 am

So for those of us living on campus, in particular Mercer, how does having friends over for a quick visit work? So let's say my friends want to come over for drinks. Does the front office call your land line assuming you have a land phone? Can I just tell security to let them in?

If I don't have a land phone, will I have to come downstairs to let me friends in? Also will they have to check in, and in what manner? Do they just sign a log or some book, or will they have to hand over their id?

Sorry if this question is redundant. I'm sure i remember reading this info somewhere on the nyu website, but I can't find it at the moment. Additionally, I wanted to know if actual guest visiting practice matched up with what is supposed to happen (in the books).

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:42 am

RonnyDworkin wrote:So for those of us living on campus, in particular Mercer, how does having friends over for a quick visit work? So let's say my friends want to come over for drinks. Does the front office call your land line assuming you have a land phone? Can I just tell security to let them in?

If I don't have a land phone, will I have to come downstairs to let me friends in? Also will they have to check in, and in what manner? Do they just sign a log or some book, or will they have to hand over their id?

Sorry if this question is redundant. I'm sure i remember reading this info somewhere on the nyu website, but I can't find it at the moment. Additionally, I wanted to know if actual guest visiting practice matched up with what is supposed to happen (in the books).

TCR is everyone comes to my place instead.

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 am

RonnyDworkin wrote:So for those of us living on campus, in particular Mercer, how does having friends over for a quick visit work? So let's say my friends want to come over for drinks. Does the front office call your land line assuming you have a land phone? Can I just tell security to let them in?

I'm sure this will all be made clear when you move in.

RonnyDworkin

Postby RonnyDworkin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:31 am

thelawyler wrote:

I'm sure this will all be made clear when you move in.

Thanks. I'm sure it will be made clear then too.

AlexGrace

Postby AlexGrace » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Hey guys! So by some strange miracle I got a phone call earlier telling me that I've been accepted and have until Wednesday to decide. I'm currently in NYC, staying with my boyfriend, and all of my things are in Philadelphia lol so... Could someone direct me to prices for on campus housing (I was told both D'ag and Mercer were available, but that I can't apply until after I deposit)? Also, feel free to pm me about anything. I just can't bring myself to start another Penn v. NYU thread lol

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:32 pm

AlexGrace wrote:Hey guys! So by some strange miracle I got a phone call earlier telling me that I've been accepted and have until Wednesday to decide. I'm currently in NYC, staying with my boyfriend, and all of my things are in Philadelphia lol so... Could someone direct me to prices for on campus housing (I was told both D'ag and Mercer were available, but that I can't apply until after I deposit)? Also, feel free to pm me about anything. I just can't bring myself to start another Penn v. NYU thread lol

This is sort of a useless reply because I don't know how to link things, but you can find the rates through the Admitted Students' Site. And yeah, they won't let you apply 'til after you deposit, but luckily it doesn't take long at all for them to process it.

Do you think you'll be joining us?

Say yes

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:20 pm

AlexGrace wrote:Hey guys! So by some strange miracle I got a phone call earlier telling me that I've been accepted and have until Wednesday to decide. I'm currently in NYC, staying with my boyfriend, and all of my things are in Philadelphia lol so... Could someone direct me to prices for on campus housing (I was told both D'ag and Mercer were available, but that I can't apply until after I deposit)? Also, feel free to pm me about anything. I just can't bring myself to start another Penn v. NYU thread lol

http://www.law.nyu.edu/housing/ratesand ... /index.htm

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”