NYU Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: NYU Class of 2015

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:25 pm

indigomachine wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
izy223 wrote:anyone in section four know what the softbound supplement is the Professor Miller wants us to buy for civil procedure-also where do i get it from?
Subtle I have Arthur Miller trolling
I lol'd +1

(but sorry izy, no idea :\)
and I wrote that from my phone. Aren't you proud of my sweet technology skillz??????!!!!!!!

izy223

Bronze

Post by izy223 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:02 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
indigomachine wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
izy223 wrote:anyone in section four know what the softbound supplement is the Professor Miller wants us to buy for civil procedure-also where do i get it from?
Subtle I have Arthur Miller trolling
I lol'd +1

(but sorry izy, no idea :\)
and I wrote that from my phone. Aren't you proud of my sweet technology skillz??????!!!!!!!
I will confirm the trolling, and ill add in- so should i buy the non required book for Epstien? (rhetorical just dropping the name)

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:57 pm

moving to New York tomorrow!!!

nutella123

New

Post by nutella123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:18 pm

Jam: Where are you living?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:28 pm

nutella123 wrote:Jam: Where are you living?
I'm subleasing at 87th and 1st for a month. We're starting the apartment search tomorrow. Looking in UWS, UES, West/Greenwich Village, and BK.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nutella123

New

Post by nutella123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:16 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
I'm subleasing at 87th and 1st for a month. We're starting the apartment search tomorrow. Looking in UWS, UES, West/Greenwich Village, and BK.
Good luck! All good areas.

EstudianteDeDerecho

New

Post by EstudianteDeDerecho » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey all,

Been a tls lurker for almost a year. But now that it's time to buy books (shout out to my section 4 homies) I thought I'd get a fancy new tls account to ask: is anyone else thinking of buying books from amazon to save a bit of money? Sorry if this was already discussed.

Hoping to get it here before orientation. I have no idea how deliveries work for my new place, but I'll find that out.

Thanks!

P.S. NYU rocks.

xlawschoolhopefulx

Bronze

Post by xlawschoolhopefulx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:45 pm

EstudianteDeDerecho wrote:Hey all,

Been a tls lurker for almost a year. But now that it's time to buy books (shout out to my section 4 homies) I thought I'd get a fancy new tls account to ask: is anyone else thinking of buying books from amazon to save a bit of money? Sorry if this was already discussed.

Hoping to get it here before orientation. I have no idea how deliveries work for my new place, but I'll find that out.

Thanks!

P.S. NYU rocks.
I decided to get all of my books used on amazon. The only issue I had was with one book that is a 2012 edition (torts with Estlund- yay section 5) so I unfortunately had to buy that one new due to an extreme lack of used copies online and among 2Ls/3Ls. Other than biting the (expensive) bullet on that one the rest of my books cost less than half of what NYU quoted used copies at. And I was careful about getting current editions, so all in all I think this was definitely the way to go.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:35 pm

nutella123 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
yeah, safety, trees, distance, price, and size are my top considerations.

where are you living?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:36 pm

xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:

Thanks!

P.S. NYU rocks.
I decided to get all of my books used on amazon. The only issue I had was with one book that is a 2012 edition (torts with Estlund- yay section 5) so I unfortunately had to buy that one new due to an extreme lack of used copies online and among 2Ls/3Ls. Other than biting the (expensive) bullet on that one the rest of my books cost less than half of what NYU quoted used copies at. And I was careful about getting current editions, so all in all I think this was definitely the way to go.
OMFG, finally another section 5er!!!

xlawschoolhopefulx

Bronze

Post by xlawschoolhopefulx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:02 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:

Thanks!

P.S. NYU rocks.
Yes! I've heard some great things about the professors. How'd your move go?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:34 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:

Thanks!

P.S. NYU rocks.
Yes! I've heard some great things about the professors. How'd your move go?
part 1 of my move went well. We stayed at indigomachine's last night and got in this afternoon. I still need to find a permanent place though, lol

nutella123

New

Post by nutella123 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:49 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
nutella123 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
yeah, safety, trees, distance, price, and size are my top considerations.

where are you living?
Lucked out in the village. More than I want to pay but could be worse. Good luck!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nine-and-fifty

New

Post by nine-and-fifty » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 am

JamMasterJ wrote: OMFG, finally another section 5er!!!
We do exist!

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:12 am

nine-and-fifty wrote:
We do exist!
"They do exist"

*faints*

"Santa?"

(sorry, had to)

EstudianteDeDerecho

New

Post by EstudianteDeDerecho » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:38 am

Thanks!

P.S. NYU rocks.
Thanks! I appreciate the help.
indigomachine wrote:
nine-and-fifty wrote:
We do exist!
"They do exist"

*faints*

"Santa?"

(sorry, had to)
Mmm... M&Ms.

JamMasterJ: Considered Hell's Kitchen? It's a pretty fast shot on the subway to NYU, plus relatively affordable. The Clinton area is pretty nice. Could be worth looking into.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:49 am

indigomachine wrote:
nine-and-fifty wrote:
We do exist!
"They do exist"

*faints*

"Santa?"

(sorry, had to)
It's funny because Section 5 was overwhelmingly the TLS section last year...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:41 pm

EstudianteDeDerecho wrote:

Thanks!

P.S. NYU rocks.
Thanks! I appreciate the help.
indigomachine wrote:
nine-and-fifty wrote:
We do exist!
"They do exist"

*faints*

"Santa?"

(sorry, had to)
Mmm... M&Ms.

JamMasterJ: Considered Hell's Kitchen? It's a pretty fast shot on the subway to NYU, plus relatively affordable. The Clinton area is pretty nice. Could be worth looking into.
I'll hang out there, but I wouldn't like to live in Hells Kitchen. Kinda the same as my feelings toward Williamsburg

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Haha, I was gonna jump in and say that I live in HK, and last I checked, Jam wasn't a huge fan, but didn't want to be presumptuous, in case the excellent diner options swayed you :P

(I'm also starting to think Williamsburg may be more fun to hang out in than HK... Maybe I'm just biased because I so rarely hang out in w/e neighborhood I live in though...)

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:38 am

indigomachine wrote:Haha, I was gonna jump in and say that I live in HK, and last I checked, Jam wasn't a huge fan, but didn't want to be presumptuous, in case the excellent diner options swayed you :P

(I'm also starting to think Williamsburg may be more fun to hang out in than HK... Maybe I'm just biased because I so rarely hang out in w/e neighborhood I live in though...)
lol. BTW, we may actually hit up an open house tomorrow afternoon on like 47th in Clinton. When do you get back?

Yeags

Bronze

Post by Yeags » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm in section 5 as well!! haha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Yeags wrote:I'm in section 5 as well!! haha
Thank God. I actually know someone!!
What lawyering section are you?

Yeags

Bronze

Post by Yeags » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:34 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
yay!! I just invited you to the section 5 fb group. I'm lawyering 14.

Chucky21

Bronze

Post by Chucky21 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Yeags wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Section 5 here also! Lawyering 15.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Yeags wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Darn, lawyering 13

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”