NYU Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
birdlaw117

Gold

Re: NYU Class of 2015

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:07 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:OK guys, reposting from an earlier similar question in the Facebook group:

NOTE: I'm technologically illiterate, is IB4Letmegooglethatforyou

I've sent official completed transcripts, am not doing on campus housing, and have sent the college questionairre. What do I still have to do? I'm in Puerto Rico for my honeymoon ATM so it's kind of pain in the ass to deal with some of the stuff.
At some point you'll have to do loan stuff but I'm pretty sure TCR is to get off TLS and go spend some quality time with your lady. Congrats, btw.
Last edited by birdlaw117 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincanity1

Silver

Post by vincanity1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:OK guys, reposting from an earlier similar question in the Facebook group:

I've sent official completed transcripts, am not doing on campus housing, and have sent the college questionairre. What do I still have to do? I'm in Puerto Rico for my honeymoon ATM so it's kind of pain in the ass to deal with some of the stuff.
Immunization forms, MPN's for Loans, Loan acceptance with finaid, tax documents, final enrollment confirmation, check out the submarine ride in PR, find churrasco sandwich with chimichurri, thank me

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:11 pm

jmets890 wrote:Thanks. I know Ive only been a part of this group for a few short days, but your advice to all of us over the last few months has been incredibly helpful.
Killingly wrote:Yeah, Birdlaw you're a huge help.
You guys are too kind. I'm happy to help. But don't take my word as gospel.

vincanity1

Silver

Post by vincanity1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Bird, would you happen to have any idea about the HDTV setup I mentioned earlier?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:18 pm

vincanity1 wrote:Bird, would you happen to have any idea about the HDTV setup I mentioned earlier?
Oh yeah, I meant to respond to that.

Basically it just comes in through the regular cable and they come up as digital channels like 7-1, or whatever. I will warn you to not get excited about them, however, because they are kind of flakey. The network ones like CBS, ABC, etc. are pretty reliable, but the ones like TBS and such will be around one week and they be gone the next week. It's possible that was just my room though. The cables run straight up and down apparently, and my entire column, for lack of a better term, had ridiculously atrocious reception (I think they said the signal was supposed to be like 8 times stronger than it was) for the first week or two. It got fixed, but it's possible that it didn't get fixed to 100%.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:18 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:

At some point you'll have to do loan stuff but I'm pretty sure TCR is to get off TLS and go spend some quality time with your lady. Congrats, btw.
yeah, I think I have a few days for that. BTW, she was in the shower when I was posting :lol:

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:22 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

yeah, I think I have a few days for that. BTW, she was in the shower when I was posting :lol:
Ahh... sneaking your TLSing in behind her back. I gotcha.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Happy marriage/honeymoon, Jam!

vincanity1

Silver

Post by vincanity1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:49 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:Bird, would you happen to have any idea about the HDTV setup I mentioned earlier?

Basically it just comes in through the regular cable and they come up as digital channels like 7-1, or whatever. I will warn you to not get excited about them, however, because they are kind of flakey. The network ones like CBS, ABC, etc. are pretty reliable, but the ones like TBS and such will be around one week and they be gone the next week. It's possible that was just my room though. The cables run straight up and down apparently, and my entire column, for lack of a better term, had ridiculously atrocious reception (I think they said the signal was supposed to be like 8 times stronger than it was) for the first week or two. It got fixed, but it's possible that it didn't get fixed to 100%.
So it doesn't even use an hdmi cable? weird

Edit: Any idea on what the output is? 720p/1080?

The website provides surprisingly little info on this

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:03 pm

vincanity1 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

So it doesn't even use an hdmi cable? weird

Edit: Any idea on what the output is? 720p/1080?

The website provides surprisingly little info on this
I can't say with certainty but I would be shocked if it's 1080. 720p seems like a reasonable guess to me.

izy223

Bronze

Post by izy223 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:19 pm

is it just me or was tuition raised in the last 3 months? I was under the impression that tuition was 48 something not 52 something. Its not just me just checked the financial aid email they sent out in february and it said total expenses were 74k on the website it now says 53k. NOT COOL

vincanity1

Silver

Post by vincanity1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:08 pm

izy223 wrote:is it just me or was tuition raised in the last 3 months? I was under the impression that tuition was 48 something not 52 something. Its not just me just checked the financial aid email they sent out in february and it said total expenses were 74k on the website it now says 53k. NOT COOL
The budget they had listed before was marked as the 2011-12 budget and that the 12-13 would be up later. The 3 or 4k bump was pretty massive, tho

Fiddler08

New

Post by Fiddler08 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:47 pm

It say that both mercer and D'ag have ATMS in the lobby. Are these associated with any banks in particular? Thinking about opening a new account soon...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:07 am

Welcome to NYU, all.

Be glad you don't have to bid on classes this year.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:42 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:Welcome to NYU, all.

Be glad you don't have to bid on classes this year.
oh you go there too? Sweet.

I didn't realize so many TLSers went there until recently

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Got my housing assignment!

I ended up getting D'ag (happy with the outcome though I don't think it was one the original four I bid on). When I saw the Mercer rates I was like ohgodno so D'ag works out just fine for me!

xlawschoolhopefulx

Bronze

Post by xlawschoolhopefulx » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:40 am

Does anyone know if the numbers listed at the end of the classes on this page (i.e .001, .002 etc.) correspond to section numbers? If so, doesn't this potentially mean we could figure out what each of the sections' schedules looks like right now?

Seems like a quick way to cheat the system, since I think our schedule assignments should go up before the day of orientation, no? (this also could be an incorrect assumption)

https://its.law.nyu.edu/cms/public/sche ... &showall=1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jmets890

New

Post by jmets890 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:25 am

xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:Does anyone know if the numbers listed at the end of the classes on this page (i.e .001, .002 etc.) correspond to section numbers? If so, doesn't this potentially mean we could figure out what each of the sections' schedules looks like right now?

Seems like a quick way to cheat the system, since I think our schedule assignments should go up before the day of orientation, no? (this also could be an incorrect assumption)

https://its.law.nyu.edu/cms/public/sche ... &showall=1
Yes, that will tell us the class schedule. I actually made a spreadsheet with the class times and what not broken down, let me know if you want it and I'll PM it.

PigBodine

Bronze

Post by PigBodine » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 am

also, does anyone know why lawyering is listed as 2.5 credits when it's (as far as I can tell) scheduled to meet for 5 hours per week?

jmets890

New

Post by jmets890 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:22 am

_
Last edited by jmets890 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:13 pm

jmets890 wrote:Here's the schedule--a lot of people were asking, and this should be easier than PMing it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... UR0OE1ZaFE
dude this is excellent!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jmets890

New

Post by jmets890 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:22 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
jmets890 wrote:Here's the schedule--a lot of people were asking, and this should be easier than PMing it.

dude this is excellent!!
Haha thanks--it really was very easy. Anyone think any section has a better schedule than the others?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:26 pm

jmets890 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

dude this is excellent!!
Haha thanks--it really was very easy. Anyone think any section has a better schedule than the others?
4 because I hate waking up early, though I'd rather not have Contracts first semester :lol:

PigBodine

Bronze

Post by PigBodine » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:

dude this is excellent!!
keep in mind that the lawyering classes are necessarily placeholders on that schedule -- there's 16 sections of it versus 5 sections of the graded courses, so it can't be the case that you can just attach lawyering section 001 to graded section 001. based on that, I don't think there's any way that you can know which lawyering section you have until you get your personal schedule

jmets890

New

Post by jmets890 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:49 pm

PigBodine wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

dude this is excellent!!
keep in mind that the lawyering classes are necessarily placeholders on that schedule -- there's 16 sections of it versus 5 sections of the graded courses, so it can't be the case that you can just attach lawyering section 001 to graded section 001. based on that, I don't think there's any way that you can know which lawyering section you have until you get your personal schedule
Agree that you can't know for sure which specific section you have, but I think we can take a pretty good guess at what times each sections Laweyering class is. For example, Lawyering sections 4-6 and 13-16 can only be assigned to Sections 2 & 5, due to the other classes already set. The only sections that COULD be flipped would be Section 1 and Section 4.

I edited the document to reflect an Alternate Section 1 & 4. However, my guess (and its only a guess) is that the original five sections are the correct ones seems it just seems intuitive that NYU would list them in corresponding order with the other sections. There's no reason for them to be tricky, and IMO its likely that they put them in section-order.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”