UVA Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
hobojarpen

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2015

Post by hobojarpen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:29 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
hobojarpen wrote:I'm currently trying to negotiate for a scholarship as well. Called today but they said there's nothing available as of today. Told me to call back in a few days.
As in no additional scholarship money to be distributed?
Yeah.

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 am

hobojarpen wrote:
hobojarpen wrote:I'm currently trying to negotiate for a scholarship as well. Called today but they said there's nothing available as of today. Told me to call back in a few days.
Yeah.
whattttt that sucks if true.

hooma

Bronze

Post by hooma » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:56 am

barneytrouble wrote:
hobojarpen wrote:
Yeah.
whattttt that sucks if true.
I think they're giving it out on a rolling basis as people withdraw, keep in mind the first deposit deadline for a lot of people that received scholarships is still the 30th. Be persistent and they may give you money when it becomes available just to get you off their backs :)

bringit

New

Post by bringit » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 pm

After a couple of emails and a pair of phone calls over the past few weeks, I'm still waiting as well. I'd hate to be Dean Richard at this time of year. I bet she's being slammed with hundreds of calls and emails from students wanting money.

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:43 am

Double deposited yesterday. Pretty psyched. Now to pay 2000 for PLI patent bar prep. Why does everything cost money? Anyone want to make a TLS c/o 2015 drunk softball team when we get there?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 am

chem wrote:Double deposited yesterday. Pretty psyched Now to pay 2000for PLI patent bar prep. Why does everything cost money? Anyone want to make a TLS c/o 2015 drunk softball team when we get there?
:)

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 am

polkij333 wrote:
chem wrote:Double deposited yesterday. Pretty psyched Now to pay 2000for PLI patent bar prep. Why does everything cost money? Anyone want to make a TLS c/o 2015 drunk softball team when we get there?
:)
Indeed

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:13 pm

chem wrote:Double deposited yesterday. Pretty psyched. Now to pay 2000 for PLI patent bar prep. Why does everything cost money? Anyone want to make a TLS c/o 2015 drunk softball team when we get there?
Yes, but I kind of don't want to out myself due to the multitude of dumb things I say on TLS.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:33 pm

The better question is, who is actually good at softball here and wants to start a good 1L team? I am all for drunk league.... but I cant play sports and not be competitive so I would hate for people to hate me lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
chem wrote:Double deposited yesterday. Pretty psyched. Now to pay 2000 for PLI patent bar prep. Why does everything cost money? Anyone want to make a TLS c/o 2015 drunk softball team when we get there?
Yes, but I kind of don't want to out myself due to the multitude of dumb things I say on TLS.
Haha who cares, the best part about TLS is everyone who has been roaming this site for a while says dumb things, often times messing around.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:54 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:The better question is, who is actually good at softball here and wants to start a good 1L team? I am all for drunk league.... but I cant play sports and not be competitive so I would hate for people to hate me lol
Some 1Ls form different teams, but each 1L section has their own softball team. You play an initial tournament against all the other 1L sections, then play against the 1L sections in a league.

So unless you're really into it, you'll get plenty of softball just from your section team -- I couldn't tell if you knew that or, not. If so, carry on.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:52 pm

5ky wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:The better question is, who is actually good at softball here and wants to start a good 1L team? I am all for drunk league.... but I cant play sports and not be competitive so I would hate for people to hate me lol
Some 1Ls form different teams, but each 1L section has their own softball team. You play an initial tournament against all the other 1L sections, then play against the 1L sections in a league.

So unless you're really into it, you'll get plenty of softball just from your section team -- I couldn't tell if you knew that or, not. If so, carry on.
Haha I didnt know that actually. If your section sucks your basically screwed in terms of winning then lol. So do people form their own teams for 2L?

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:15 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
5ky wrote:

Haha I didnt know that actually. If your section sucks your basically screwed in terms of winning then lol. So do people form their own teams for 2L?
From what I gathered, the section teams, as well as the drunk teams, arent competitive. There are competitive teams, but they are formed outside of sections

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PatrickChewing15

New

Post by PatrickChewing15 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:49 am

I'd definitely like to put a competitive 1L team together. I actually talked to a few guys about this at ASW. The real question is, can we put together a good enough team to be drunk and competitive?

Lemon Lyman

New

Post by Lemon Lyman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:35 am

Easily. I'm down for a competitive and drunk league. They aren't mutually exclusive.

ashdiamond

New

Post by ashdiamond » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Congrats to everyone who already got admitted to UVA and good luck to those still waiting!

For anyone who has already decided they are coming to UVA and is looking for a place to live, we are looking for someone to fill a vacancy next year in our 4 bedroom/2.5 bathroom house on Lewis Mountain Circle, among a cluster of houses rented by law students. The house is less than a 5 minute drive to the school, a 5 minute walk from the nearest University bus stop, and a 15 minute walk to Central Grounds and The Corner.

The three other roommates will be 3Ls--non-smokers, open to pets. The common areas are already furnished, and the kitchen is stocked with dishes etc. so you won't have to bring anything if you don't want (But if you do, there's plenty of room!) Rent is currently $620/month, not including utilities. The house has a washer/dryer and a dishwasher, spacious front and back yards, and a great cooking kitchen.

The room is sort of like a den--it has a painted cement floor, but is HUGE, has a fireplace, its own private exterior door, and adjoining kitchenette (with a sink, cabinets, and microwave). You would share the bathroom with one other person.

PM me if you're interested or if you have any questions.

catholicgirl

Bronze

Post by catholicgirl » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Is there any place in Cville where you can sell plasma? Because I have a feeling that's going to be necessary for a couple of us so we can eat.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:15 pm

catholicgirl wrote:Is there any place in Cville where you can sell plasma? Because I have a feeling that's going to be necessary for a couple of us so we can eat.
Loans?

ccmbr006

Bronze

Post by ccmbr006 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:23 pm

catholicgirl wrote:Is there any place in Cville where you can sell plasma? Because I have a feeling that's going to be necessary for a couple of us so we can eat.
+1

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Nonsense. They have free lunches all the time, and they tell me beer has a lot of calories.

avening1

New

Post by avening1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi folks,

I currently have a one year lease at the Ivy but have found another housing option with a roommate that works much better for me. I'm writing to see if anyone has any interest in subletting a one bedroom w/ den unit at the Ivy. The information is as follows:

Unit #122 (see map: http://www.ivygarden.com/ivyGardenLayout.htm)
This unit has a great location and is closer to the law school than most apartments. It is adjacent to the laundry facility and only one other unit. Entrance faces south with a front patio.

Address is: 122 Ivy Drive Apt. 2, Charlottesville, VA 22903
One bedroom & den on ground floor with walkout patio facing south. The unit rents for $900.00 per month.
Lease begin date will be August 3, 2012.

Please personal message me if you are interested. Thanks very much. Look forward to seeing everyone this fall.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 pm

chem wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:
5ky wrote:

From what I gathered, the section teams, as well as the drunk teams, arent competitive. There are competitive teams, but they are formed outside of sections
The softball is what has me most excited about UVA 8)

Royalduck

New

Post by Royalduck » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 pm

I really want to go to UVA, but not without scholarship... given them updated resume, LOCI, competitive matches, and nothing. Think I will double deposit on Monday just in case...

Do law schools give out scholarships after the deposit deadline? I know money will probably be freed up after the 30th from declines, but why would they give it to someone else who already committed with a deposit?

bobbyh1919

Silver

Post by bobbyh1919 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 am

Royalduck wrote:I really want to go to UVA, but not without scholarship... given them updated resume, LOCI, competitive matches, and nothing. Think I will double deposit on Monday just in case...

Do law schools give out scholarships after the deposit deadline? I know money will probably be freed up after the 30th from declines, but why would they give it to someone else who already committed with a deposit?
From what I gather scholarship money at UVA has mostly dried up this cycle. If you are not prepared to go there without a scholarship, I would not recommend double depositing as that would essentially prevent you from going anywhere else and it is unlikely you will receive any money afterwards.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:41 am

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN. UVA IS THE COOLEST LAW SCHOOL.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”