Pot smokers in law school Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
savagedm

Bronze

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Post by savagedm » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:18 pm

SBL wrote:
savagedm wrote:
SBL wrote:This thread should arrange a hypothetical meetup. Why do I feel like most of us are probably posting from CA anyhow?
Seattle right now, will be in SoCal over the holidays to visit the family. Where are yall from?
SF area
hrmm... we should take a poll to see where they live along the west coast (norcal, socal, oregon, WA) and go from there

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Austin

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:41 pm

JazzOne wrote:Austin
I feel like I'd love Austin. I'm down for a road trip. Hypothetical edibles in the Winnebago.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:44 pm

SBL wrote:
I feel like I'd love Austin. I'm down for a road trip. Hypothetical edibles in the Winnebago.
Is the Winnebago real, or is it hypothetical as well?

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:47 pm

aschup wrote:
SBL wrote:
Is the Winnebago real, or is it hypothetical as well?
Frankly I've lost track.

But you know what is real? Real as fuck?

This plate of tasty Thanksgiving leftovers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

savagedm

Bronze

Post by savagedm » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:40 am

SBL wrote:
You have no idea how fun the road trip hypothetically was from socal to seattle...

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:44 am

posting from CA too....

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:03 pm

back in SF, feels like home now
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:40 pm

SBL wrote:
Austin is definitely a good time. Baton Rouge here.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:51 pm

ny here..... been to austin once- had a blast

savagedm

Bronze

Post by savagedm » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm down for a SF meetup over the summer or something. That would be baller.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:01 pm

savagedm wrote:I'm down for a SF meetup over the summer or something. That would be baller.
+1
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:18 pm

savagedm wrote:I'm down for a SF meetup over the summer or something. That would be baller.
I will be working in SF this summer so this works for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fugitivejammer

Bronze

Post by fugitivejammer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Chi-town here :(. I might not be able to contribute to this hypothetical meeting, but will be with you in spirit.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:48 am

SBL wrote:
I will be working in SF this summer so this works for me.
Dammit.

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Oban wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:I divulged to a classmate that I enjoy smoking pot once in awhile. She looked at me like I had grown an extra head in front of her.

Aside from drinking, most law school kids are weak sauce straight-edgers.
Last week, the girl sitting next to me in class brought up lollapalooza, and when i mentioned how i had some killer "brownies" at the last one, she kind of turned pale, now she doesn't really talk to me before/after class. :|
That's a bummer- obviously, I'm making an assumption here but.. I can't stand uptight social climbers who get wasted just for social acceptance.
Law school might not be the place for me..

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:43 pm

This guy I know can't WAIT for finals to be over so he can seriously relax.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stocksly33

Bronze

Post by stocksly33 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:22 pm

do summer internships with courts drug test? if so when and how? or is different state by state?

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:38 pm

stocksly33 wrote:do summer internships with courts drug test? if so when and how? or is different state by state?
E.D.CA, to my knowledge, does not.

thegor1987

Bronze

Post by thegor1987 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:37 pm

SBL wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:This thread reminds me, recently Bill O'Reilly made a bet with another famous news anchor (forget his name, but he is a major national news anchor who wanted to legalize medicinal marijuana). Anyways, they made a bet on whether California would pass the legalization of medicinal marijuana during the midterm elections. The loser would have to donate $10,000 to a charity of the winners choice. Well the bill was not passed and on live TV Bill O'Reilly made the other news anchor write out a check for $10,000 to a drug rehabilitation facility in NYC. The news anchor was so embarrassed!
In the same segment bill o'Reilly asked the news anchor what medicinal marijuana could be used for and the news anchor said chronic pain, and bill O'Reilly says 'o.k. Sure, yea I got a chronic pain in my ankle so I'm gonna start smoking pot'. He conveyed it best, the fact that medicinal marijuana is the biggest pile of horseshit you could give somebody, because it's
obviously just a loophole to legally smoke weed. Let's not compromise the integrity of
modern medicine please because some pot smokers want to smoke weed legally.

My ankle hurts haha

mmribail

New

Post by mmribail » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJDaOVz2qY

Don't get me wrong. I love me some bone thugs, but kush is the real song that applies to this post!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mmribail

New

Post by mmribail » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:42 pm

thegor1987 wrote:
SBL wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:This thread reminds me, recently Bill O'Reilly made a bet with another famous news anchor (forget his name, but he is a major national news anchor who wanted to legalize medicinal marijuana). Anyways, they made a bet on whether California would pass the legalization of medicinal marijuana during the midterm elections. The loser would have to donate $10,000 to a charity of the winners choice. Well the bill was not passed and on live TV Bill O'Reilly made the other news anchor write out a check for $10,000 to a drug rehabilitation facility in NYC. The news anchor was so embarrassed!
In the same segment bill o'Reilly asked the news anchor what medicinal marijuana could be used for and the news anchor said chronic pain, and bill O'Reilly says 'o.k. Sure, yea I got a chronic pain in my ankle so I'm gonna start smoking pot'. He conveyed it best, the fact that medicinal marijuana is the biggest pile of horseshit you could give somebody, because it's
obviously just a loophole to legally smoke weed. Let's not compromise the integrity of

My ankle hurts haha
Actually, there is a place for the use of marijuana in modern medicine. Specifically for individuals who either do not respond to alternative treatments, or allergic to other pain meds. Citing O'Reilly as some sort of creditable source on the topic tells me that you are just talking out of your a**! You can disagree with the whole legalization thing, but don't pretend that you are doing so under the pretext of defending modern medicine when it is obvious to any reasonable viewer that it is more likely coming from your distaste of pot.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:01 pm

thegor1987 wrote:
SBL wrote:

My ankle hurts haha
this is one of the least informed posts ever posted. The AMA has recognized a ton of legitemate uses for medical marijuana. The only reason it took so long is beacause of culture warriors like you and Bill O'reilly who think that science is a liberal conspiracy. and really? Bill O'reilly? this should not be source for anything that you want others to take seriously

mmribail

New

Post by mmribail » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:26 pm

kwais wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:
SBL wrote:

My ankle hurts haha
this is one of the least informed posts ever posted. The AMA has recognized a ton of legitemate uses for medical marijuana. The only reason it took so long is beacause of culture warriors like you and Bill O'reilly who think that science is a liberal conspiracy. and really? Bill O'reilly? this should not be source for anything that you want others to take seriously
+1

thegor1987

Bronze

Post by thegor1987 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:41 pm

kwais wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:
SBL wrote:

My ankle hurts haha
1. I am a scientist and I can tell you that science by no means is exclusive to liberals
2. I am not citing Bill O'Reilly I am merely stating how his persona comically illustrated how ridiculous the claim for medicinal marijuana is.
3. I am not sure what you are trying to get at about the relationship the AMA has with the topic of medicinal marijuana? Can you cite a source?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”