Pot smokers in law school

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:02 pm

JazzOne wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
notanumber wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:It should be noted that the biggest proponents of legalization aren't potheads, but people looking for a new industry to invest in.


And it should be noted that the biggest opponents of legalization are the ones making money off the current situation. Many of our local "medicinal" dispensaries funded and propagandized against prop 19 (legalization).

So it goes...

UnTouChablE wrote: The fact that you are willing to risk going to jail ova something as silly as smoking a dangerous substance is more a comment on your personality than on society being somehow stupid not to let you smoke yo shit openly.


Where do they still throw you in jail for smoking pot? Serious question.


If you're caught by federal agents, it's a Schedule 1 controlled substance.

It's worse in the federal courts to have cannabis over cocaine.

That's because Mexican's prefer pot, and whites prefer cocaine. It's just like crack vs. coke.


The politically correct reason is: Cannabis is a gateway drug.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby paratactical » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:02 pm

JazzOne wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:It's worse in the federal courts to have cannabis over cocaine.

That's because Mexican's prefer pot, and whites prefer cocaine. It's just like crack vs. coke.

But crack fucks up yo teef.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:03 pm

paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:It's worse in the federal courts to have cannabis over cocaine.

That's because Mexican's prefer pot, and whites prefer cocaine. It's just like crack vs. coke.

But crack fucks up yo teef.

Ya, but it's fun to make.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby paratactical » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 pm

JazzOne wrote:
paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:It's worse in the federal courts to have cannabis over cocaine.

That's because Mexican's prefer pot, and whites prefer cocaine. It's just like crack vs. coke.

But crack fucks up yo teef.

Ya, but it's fun to make.

Least you don't hafta worry about blowing yourself up like you do with meth.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 pm

JazzOne wrote:
paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:It's worse in the federal courts to have cannabis over cocaine.

That's because Mexican's prefer pot, and whites prefer cocaine. It's just like crack vs. coke.

But crack fucks up yo teef.

Ya, but it's fun to make.


Nothing like sitting with cooked in a pot between your legs while you drip ether into it one drop at a time.

Woooooo fun.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:07 pm

paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:That's because Mexican's prefer pot, and whites prefer cocaine. It's just like crack vs. coke.

But crack fucks up yo teef.

Ya, but it's fun to make.

Least you don't hafta worry about blowing yourself up like you do with meth.


Depending on the method used, yes - you do.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby paratactical » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:08 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
paratactical wrote:But crack fucks up yo teef.

Ya, but it's fun to make.

Least you don't hafta worry about blowing yourself up like you do with meth.


Depending on the method used, yes - you do.

:lol:

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:10 pm

paratactical wrote:Least you don't hafta worry about blowing yourself up like you do with meth.

The real drawback to making meth is the toxic fumes.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby paratactical » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 pm

JazzOne wrote:
paratactical wrote:Least you don't hafta worry about blowing yourself up like you do with meth.

The real drawback to making meth is the toxic fumes.

I thought the drawback was that it turns you into a toothless prostitute.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:14 pm

paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
paratactical wrote:Least you don't hafta worry about blowing yourself up like you do with meth.

The real drawback to making meth is the toxic fumes.

I thought the drawback was that it turns you into a toothless prostitute.

I'm on the production side, not the consumption side.

User avatar
chicagolaw2013
Posts: 584
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby chicagolaw2013 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:15 pm

paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:It's worse in the federal courts to have cannabis over cocaine.

That's because Mexican's prefer pot, and whites prefer cocaine. It's just like crack vs. coke.

But crack fucks up yo teef.


I thought the drawback was that it turns you into a toothless prostitute.


HAHAHA para you just made my day. Thanks a mill.

User avatar
savagedm
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 am

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby savagedm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:15 pm

chicagolaw2013 wrote:
paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:It's worse in the federal courts to have cannabis over cocaine.

That's because Mexican's prefer pot, and whites prefer cocaine. It's just like crack vs. coke.

But crack fucks up yo teef.


I thought the drawback was that it turns you into a toothless prostitute.


HAHAHA para you just made my day. Thanks a mill.


Actually, it's a common misconception that crack fucks up yo teef. Really, what ends up happening is that you stay up for so long and don't drink fluids/maintain hygiene, etc. because you're so f'n high and addicted. What happens if you teeth rot out as a result of such poor hygiene and lack of ability to keep producing adequate saliva, resulting in bacteria causing decay. Crack doesnt fuck yo teef up, but it makes you fuck yo teef up ;)

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:17 pm

savagedm wrote:
chicagolaw2013 wrote:
paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:That's because Mexican's prefer pot, and whites prefer cocaine. It's just like crack vs. coke.

But crack fucks up yo teef.


I thought the drawback was that it turns you into a toothless prostitute.


HAHAHA para you just made my day. Thanks a mill.


Actually, it's a common misconception that crack fucks up yo teef. Really, what ends up happening is that you stay up for so long and don't drink fluids/maintain hygiene, etc. because you're so f'n high and addicted. What happens if you teeth rot out as a result of such poor hygiene and lack of ability to keep producing adequate saliva, resulting in bacteria causing decay. Crack doesnt fuck yo teef up, but it makes you fuck yo teef up ;)


I actually thought that the chemicals found in crack do eat the enamel. Hmm, you learn something new everyday I guess.

User avatar
UnTouChablE
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby UnTouChablE » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

I am not going to say that all these arguments are fundamentally sound or not.

But at what point in our society to we refuse to bargain away our basic premises, foundational beliefs for rational and economical reasons?

There is an unquantifiable harm that can be done (and that is being done) and Mr. Bill Bennett, former drug czar, put it best when he said this substance hurts and kills thousands of families but the official cause of death read something different (paraphrase).

In my opinion there is no amount of empirical evidence that you can provide that will convince me that drugs have not decimated my neighborhood. This shit kills, dead ass, it is immensely destructive beyond what the numbers are able to capture.

Now, Law school students should know better and for every SLS student that is a regular pot smoker, there are where am from, maybe 10 ppl that could have been SLS students save for weed, drugs.

It is less harmful than alcohol? You have to be kidding or rich enough to dampen the real effects that weed has on the overall trajectory of a person's life. If you are destined for success then maybe it doesn't matter but for those who have no option but to fight for this illusive American dream it really fucks up everything. I have seen it happen at least 5 times.

If you are Law school student, quit that shit!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:49 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:I am not going to say that all these arguments are fundamentally sound or not.

But at what point in our society to we refuse to bargain away our basic premises, foundational beliefs for rational and economical reasons?

There is an unquantifiable harm that can be done (and that is being done) and Mr. Bill Bennett, former drug czar, put it best when he said this substance hurts and kills thousands of families but the official cause of death read something different (paraphrase).

In my opinion there is no amount of empirical evidence that you can provide that will convince me that drugs have not decimated my neighborhood. This shit kills, dead ass, it is immensely destructive beyond what the numbers are able to capture.

Now, Law school students should know better and for every SLS student that is a regular pot smoker, there are where am from, maybe 10 ppl that could have been SLS students save for weed, drugs.

It is less harmful than alcohol? You have to be kidding or rich enough to dampen the real effects that weed has on the overall trajectory of a person's life. If you are destined for success then maybe it doesn't matter but for those who have no option but to fight for this illusive American dream it really fucks up everything. I have seen it happen at least 5 times.

If you are Law school student, quit that shit!


FTFY

User avatar
UnTouChablE
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby UnTouChablE » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Knock wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:I am not going to say that all these arguments are fundamentally sound or not.

But at what point in our society to we refuse to bargain away our basic premises, foundational beliefs for rational and economical reasons?

There is an unquantifiable harm that can be done (and that is being done) and Mr. Bill Bennett, former drug czar, put it best when he said this substance hurts and kills thousands of families but the official cause of death read something different (paraphrase).

In my opinion there is no amount of empirical evidence that you can provide that will convince me that drugs have not decimated my neighborhood. This shit kills, dead ass, it is immensely destructive beyond what the numbers are able to capture.

Now, Law school students should know better and for every SLS student that is a regular pot smoker, there are where am from, maybe 10 ppl that could have been SLS students save for weed, drugs.

It is less harmful than alcohol? You have to be kidding or rich enough to dampen the real effects that weed has on the overall trajectory of a person's life. If you are destined for success then maybe it doesn't matter but for those who have no option but to fight for this illusive American dream it really fucks up everything. I have seen it happen at least 5 times.

If you are Law school student, quit that shit!


FTFY


Lmao, That is the usual response I get but hey, I hope ppl keep voting it down.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19668
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby dailygrind » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:58 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:I am not going to say that all these arguments are fundamentally sound or not.

But at what point in our society to we refuse to bargain away our basic premises, foundational beliefs for rational and economical reasons?

There is an unquantifiable harm that can be done (and that is being done) and Mr. Bill Bennett, former drug czar, put it best when he said this substance hurts and kills thousands of families but the official cause of death read something different (paraphrase).

In my opinion there is no amount of empirical evidence that you can provide that will convince me that drugs have not decimated my neighborhood. This shit kills, dead ass, it is immensely destructive beyond what the numbers are able to capture.

Now, Law school students should know better and for every SLS student that is a regular pot smoker, there are where am from, maybe 10 ppl that could have been SLS students save for weed, drugs.

It is less harmful than alcohol? You have to be kidding or rich enough to dampen the real effects that weed has on the overall trajectory of a person's life. If you are destined for success then maybe it doesn't matter but for those who have no option but to fight for this illusive American dream it really fucks up everything. I have seen it happen at least 5 times.

If you are Law school student, quit that shit!


well, shit. if you're not gonna address other people's arguments, why the flying fuck would i want to address yours?

User avatar
savagedm
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 am

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby savagedm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:58 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:I am not going to say that all these arguments are fundamentally sound or not.

But at what point in our society to we refuse to bargain away our basic premises, foundational beliefs for rational and economical reasons?

There is an unquantifiable harm that can be done (and that is being done) and Mr. Bill Bennett, former drug czar, put it best when he said this substance hurts and kills thousands of families but the official cause of death read something different (paraphrase).

In my opinion there is no amount of empirical evidence that you can provide that will convince me that drugs have not decimated my neighborhood. This shit kills, dead ass, it is immensely destructive beyond what the numbers are able to capture.

Now, Law school students should know better and for every SLS student that is a regular pot smoker, there are where am from, maybe 10 ppl that could have been SLS students save for weed, drugs.

It is less harmful than alcohol? You have to be kidding or rich enough to dampen the real effects that weed has on the overall trajectory of a person's life. If you are destined for success then maybe it doesn't matter but for those who have no option but to fight for this illusive American dream it really fucks up everything. I have seen it happen at least 5 times.

If you are Law school student, quit that shit!


You do realize that much of your argument is the SAME EXACT rhetoric they used to justify prohibition of alcohol as well? The problems, while very real and I am of the same belief as you that they are bad, do not stem from marijuana use. In fact, they stem from the fact that marijuana use is ILLEGAL; not because of something inherently bad with the substance. Basically put, you're justifying the illegality of marijuana by pointing to problems associated with it that are caused by it's illegality in the first place and have a very high likelihood of not being present for the majority of the general population if it were made legal. Banning drugs never helps an issue, regulating them and letting people choose for themselves works much better.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:28 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:
Knock wrote:
UnTouChablE wrote:I am not going to say that all these arguments are fundamentally sound or not.

But at what point in our society to we refuse to bargain away our basic premises, foundational beliefs for rational and economical reasons?

There is an unquantifiable harm that can be done (and that is being done) and Mr. Bill Bennett, former drug czar, put it best when he said this substance hurts and kills thousands of families but the official cause of death read something different (paraphrase).

In my opinion there is no amount of empirical evidence that you can provide that will convince me that drugs have not decimated my neighborhood. This shit kills, dead ass, it is immensely destructive beyond what the numbers are able to capture.

Now, Law school students should know better and for every SLS student that is a regular pot smoker, there are where am from, maybe 10 ppl that could have been SLS students save for weed, drugs.

It is less harmful than alcohol? You have to be kidding or rich enough to dampen the real effects that weed has on the overall trajectory of a person's life. If you are destined for success then maybe it doesn't matter but for those who have no option but to fight for this illusive American dream it really fucks up everything. I have seen it happen at least 5 times.

If you are Law school student, quit that shit!


FTFY


Lmao, That is the usual response I get but hey, I hope ppl keep voting it down.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby 20160810 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:00 pm

WHY WONT THIS FUCKING THREAD DIE!??!!?!?!?!?!

User avatar
savagedm
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 am

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby savagedm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:01 pm

SBL wrote:WHY WONT THIS FUCKING THREAD DIE!??!!?!?!?!?!


Stoners are incessant

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:02 pm

UnTouChablE wrote:I am not going to say that all these arguments are fundamentally sound or not.

But at what point in our society to we refuse to bargain away our basic premises, foundational beliefs for rational and economical reasons?

There is an unquantifiable harm that can be done (and that is being done) and Mr. Bill Bennett, former drug czar, put it best when he said this substance hurts and kills thousands of families but the official cause of death read something different (paraphrase).

In my opinion there is no amount of empirical evidence that you can provide that will convince me that drugs have not decimated my neighborhood. This shit kills, dead ass, it is immensely destructive beyond what the numbers are able to capture.

Now, Law school students should know better and for every SLS student that is a regular pot smoker, there are where am from, maybe 10 ppl that could have been SLS students save for weed, drugs.

It is less harmful than alcohol? You have to be kidding or rich enough to dampen the real effects that weed has on the overall trajectory of a person's life. If you are destined for success then maybe it doesn't matter but for those who have no option but to fight for this illusive American dream it really fucks up everything. I have seen it happen at least 5 times.

If you are Law school student, quit that shit!

This is some of the most mindless drivel I've read on TLS. FOB!!!!!

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby woeisme » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Mark71121 wrote:i've met quite a few chronic smokers (smoke at least once per day) at my t14. interestingly, we all did pretty well.


Yup. This.

Oban
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby Oban » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.


Still rings true

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Oban wrote:Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.


Still rings true

We'll burn this bitch down, get us pissed




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests