Pot smokers in law school Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
govols

New

Pot smokers in law school

Post by govols » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:55 pm

I would assume less people get high on a regular basis during law school than undergrad, but I also assume a few law school students are chronic pot smokers.

Anyone have any comments about pot in law school?

tetrahydrocannabinol

New

Re: Pot smokers in law school

Post by tetrahydrocannabinol » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Welcome, friend.

On a serious note, there are some chodes that don't smoke, but overall most people are down to smoke but not to buy (or simply don't buy). Kinda lame, but whatever. That reminds me, gotta go. I'll leave you with a pic:

Ken

Bronze

Post by Ken » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:03 pm

I think it depends upon the school. At Berkeley, about 10-15% were occasional smokers (maybe 5% much more frequent). At Harvard or Columbia, that number is likely much less. Definitely fewer pot smokers than in undergrad is the norm.

And law school was very informative for me as I learned in my first month that marijuana is actually illegal. I mean, who knew! :shock:

Mark71121

Bronze

Post by Mark71121 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:17 pm

i've met quite a few chronic smokers (smoke at least once per day) at my t14. interestingly, we all did pretty well.

govols

New

Post by govols » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:33 pm

Mark71121 wrote:i've met quite a few chronic smokers (smoke at least once per day) at my t14. interestingly, we all did pretty well.
I used to think that I sucked at school because of pot, but as I grew older I learned that I sucked at school because I was immature and didn't try. Who would've thought?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nmoor1501

New

Post by nmoor1501 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:14 pm

I like this thread :)

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:29 pm

Ken wrote:I think it depends upon the school. At Berkeley, about 10-15% were occasional smokers (maybe 5% much more frequent). At Harvard or Columbia, that number is likely much less. Definitely fewer pot smokers than in undergrad is the norm.

And law school was very informative for me as I learned in my first month that marijuana is actually illegal. I mean, who knew! :shock:
I'd say it might be slightly higher now (no pun intended), but that this is pretty representative of Boalt.

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Ken wrote:And law school was very informative for me as I learned in my first month that marijuana is actually illegal. I mean, who knew! :shock:
Quoted for Truth, Posterity and Brilliance!

Marmot

Bronze

Post by Marmot » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Definitely a lot fewer full-on stoners then in undergrad from what I can tell so far, but plenty of folks who'd probably take a hit if it was offered.

Then again, I'm on the liberal coast.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Marmot wrote:Definitely a lot fewer full-on stoners then in undergrad from what I can tell so far, but plenty of folks who'd probably take a hit if it was offered.

You mean the coast that banned gay marriage? Oh wait...

Marmot

Bronze

Post by Marmot » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:07 pm

Lxw wrote:
Marmot wrote:Definitely a lot fewer full-on stoners then in undergrad from what I can tell so far, but plenty of folks who'd probably take a hit if it was offered.

You mean the coast that banned gay marriage? Oh wait...
The second comment may have been facetious. But anyway, same coast, different state.

Brownadam26

New

Post by Brownadam26 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:14 pm

Smoking pot is so stupid. If you really want to ruin your entire life for a hit of Mary J do it. No telling who will drug test you and basically ruin your entire law school investment. I find it comical that there are people in a top 14 law school smoking pot however I wouldn't suggest glorifying it because YOU made it out. Some kids can't handle all the chemical reactions THC causes in ones brain on top of studying. If your smoking pot in law school and getting away with it...your days are numbered and you should drop that habit. lol your probably smoking crack if someone offers you
Mark71121 wrote:i've met quite a few chronic smokers (smoke at least once per day) at my t14. interestingly, we all did pretty well.

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:15 pm

Brownadam26 wrote:Smoking pot is so stupid. If you really want to ruin your entire life for a hit of Mary J do it. No telling who will drug test you and basically ruin your entire law school investment. I find it comical that there are people in a top 14 law school smoking pot however I wouldn't suggest glorifying it because YOU made it out. Some kids can't handle all the chemical reactions THC causes in ones brain on top of studying. If your smoking pot in law school and getting away with it...your days are numbered and you should drop that habit. lol your probably smoking crack if someone offers you
This post is so full of stupid.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Alfonso Soriano

Gold

Post by Alfonso Soriano » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:30 pm

Brownadam26 wrote:Smoking pot is so stupid. If you really want to ruin your entire life for a hit of Mary J do it. No telling who will drug test you and basically ruin your entire law school investment. I find it comical that there are people in a top 14 law school smoking pot however I wouldn't suggest glorifying it because YOU made it out. Some kids can't handle all the chemical reactions THC causes in ones brain on top of studying. If your smoking pot in law school and getting away with it...your days are numbered and you should drop that habit. lol your probably smoking crack if someone offers you
Your a retard.

tetrahydrocannabinol

New

Post by tetrahydrocannabinol » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:33 pm

Please hang yourself with a piano wire after having a good friend cut out your eyeballs with a rusty spoon and sever your arms and legs one-by-one with a handsaw.

jnorsky

Bronze

Post by jnorsky » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:39 pm

tetrahydrocannabinol wrote:

As the great Mrs. Bobby Brown said...."Crack is Wack...but Crack is Cheap." But dude seriously, if you are not gonna take a hit, pass that shit

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:48 pm

To the 30-post fellow who decided to troll the thread: Stop, or I'll ban you.

That's not the way we roll around here (no pun intended). If you would like to address the original question, namely, the percentage of law students who smoke marijuana, then by all means do so. If you'd simply prefer to spew ill-informed invective about marijuana's side-effects, then might I suggest FreeRepublic as a better forum?

To the OP: The difference seems to be that in undergrad, people smoked openly (about 60% of the people I knew at Berkeley were open pot smokers. Granted it was Berkeley, but still.) In law school, if people do smoke, they tend to keep it to themselves, which is a smart practice in any setting.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Duffman

New

Post by Duffman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:02 am

Duffman smoked the sweet cheebah on the reg in law school.

awesomepossum

Silver

Post by awesomepossum » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:15 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:To the 30-post fellow who decided to troll the thread: Stop, or I'll ban you.

seriously?

overreaction much?

Cunning Lynguist

New

Post by Cunning Lynguist » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:27 am

im in the top 2% and owe it all the medical relief it provides

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:35 am

it's not as prevalent as in UG, but plenty of people smoke... at least on the weekends.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:36 am

awesomepossum wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:To the 30-post fellow who decided to troll the thread: Stop, or I'll ban you.

seriously?

overreaction much?
Not at all. Who wants a self-righteous lecturer on a message board? Same thing with the girl who said "OMG YOU GOT A DUI I HOPE YOU NEVER GET INTO LAW SCHOOL YOU ARE SATAN AND DESERVE TO DIE" to some guy. I mean, don't agree with people's life choices but stfu about your opinion that has to be right because you and your parents think it is.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:37 am

booyakasha45 wrote:it's not as prevalent as in UG, but plenty of people smoke... at least on the weekends.
Really, even with all those old people at CLS?

john titor

Bronze

Post by john titor » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:37 am

no one smoked marijuana at my law school, at least to my knowledge

or at least no one made it known that they partook

is partook a word?

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:38 am

john titor wrote:no one smoked marijuana at my law school, at least to my knowledge

or at least no one made it known that they partook

is partook a word?
are you high?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”