appropriate bid list for top 1/3 at top 10 school Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mallard

Silver

Re: appropriate bid list for top 1/3 at top 10 school

Post by mallard » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 pm

nedberg wrote:Mallard, I think that's pretty real, and I'd probably add Weil, Gotshal too. Assuming we're talking corporate law/litigation in New York, the less clear-cut ones I was wondering about are: Latham, White & Case and Paul Weiss. It seems that 3 years ago a top 1/3 top 10 would have a very good shot at these firms, but I wonder if the trickle-down effect has changed things. Does anyone have any insight (anecdotal or otherwise)?
I don't think Paul Weiss is quite as picky, but I considered including them. Weil is not as picky as you would expect, even with their huge pickup in bankruptcy work. I have no idea why anybody would want to work at Latham or White & Case after the past few years.

nedberg

New

Post by nedberg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Haha touche

TTT-LS

Silver

Post by TTT-LS » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

huckabees

Bronze

Post by huckabees » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:43 am

mallard wrote:Off the top of my head, choices 1, 10, 26, 28, and 29 seem a bit ambitious.
Would that still be too ambitious if the OP were top 1/3 at a T6 (I'm assuming they meant a non-T6 T10 by the title of the post)?

Also, by ambitious, do you mean that they are reaches that are still reasonable to include, or that you would not include them if you were bidding for yourself? (Or that you'd put them as low priority bids as TTT-LS has suggested)
animalcrkrs wrote:Well this OP is from last year too, but both last summer and this summer, a decent part of my research is going to be digging to see hires/fires/# and % of 2L interns this summer if possible...
Sounds like a solid plan. How do we go about doing this aside from news on ATL/TLS and word of mouth?

markymark

Bronze

Post by markymark » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:58 pm

List seems appropriate.

Some of the firms are probably out of range (Cleary, Deb), but then again, I know people who are around the top 1/3 (and are also not on LR) at both of those firms this summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

animalcrkrs

Bronze

Post by animalcrkrs » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:30 pm

huckabees wrote:
animalcrkrs wrote:Well this OP is from last year too, but both last summer and this summer, a decent part of my research is going to be digging to see hires/fires/# and % of 2L interns this summer if possible...
Sounds like a solid plan. How do we go about doing this aside from news on ATL/TLS and word of mouth?
NALP directory has # of Summer Assoicates 08-09-10 (anticipated) and number of offers in the 09 class
--LinkRemoved--

My plan is to scan that and to scan ATL and newswires for firings of full times.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”