what is the perfect law school bag?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
UFstudent
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:07 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby UFstudent » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Yikes! I haven't even thought about needing a backpack.

I'll wait to see if I get a locker before I shell out any money.

User avatar
AJaKe
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:13 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby AJaKe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:51 pm

.
Last edited by AJaKe on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:03 am

Thought I'd share this with everyone. Today over at Targus, you can use the coupon code "Woot30" to save 30%. They have some excellent options for messengers or backpacks.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in the Targus Grove Sling, I bought one a few weeks ago. It's essentially brand new. But I have decided to stick with a traditional messenger bag. $20 + shipping. Or if you're going to UVA, meet me before classes start. :D

User avatar
MsBigBad
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby MsBigBad » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:53 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Thought I'd share this with everyone. Today over at Targus, you can use the coupon code "Woot30" to save 30%. They have some excellent options for messengers or backpacks.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in the Targus Grove Sling, I bought one a few weeks ago. It's essentially brand new. But I have decided to stick with a traditional messenger bag. $20 + shipping. Or if you're going to UVA, meet me before classes start. :D


Not exactly sure when this coupon ends, but having 20 bucks taken off the price of a bag I intended to buy anyway is fine by me. Thanks! :mrgreen:

mdgold
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby mdgold » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 pm

what do you think of this bag (for a girl who doesn't like backpacks)
--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby hannah87 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:58 am

mdgold wrote:what do you think of this bag (for a girl who doesn't like backpacks)
--LinkRemoved--


LOVE it. now i'm regretting the backpack purchase...

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby catharsis » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 am

Image

i went with the North Face Surge backpack. from reviews, it's really great for carrying heavy things (i.e. law books) and it has a great padded laptop compartment. i got it from REI on sale for under $90 so i though it was a pretty nice deal. it also looks really nice in person in my opinion.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Not sure if this is a repost, but...

Over on ebags.com and use the code "EMCATASM2A" to receive a 20% discount AND free shipping. Drops the price to $25.59 on the Timbuk2 Slacker bag for 15" laptops. Here's the link (LinkRemoved). I'm pretty sure the coupon is good on all orders though and the sale ends September 10th.

:D

RP1983
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby RP1983 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 am

Dilemma:

For guys out there, whether to get a messenger bag or backpack.

Lets weigh the pros and cons.

Backpack pros- Large enough for books, easier to carry, gives you more of a sporty look.

Backpack cons- Not at all unique, reeks of conformity, tendency to look like a dweeb, not very stylish.

Messenger bag pros- stylish, sleek, sexy, makes you look smarter and more alpha, stand out from other guys and attract more females

Messenger bag cons- will be tougher to carry all of your books, a jealous betamale may try to make you look like you are a tool for wearing one of these things.

VERDICT-

Get both. Since I already have a messenger bag from banana republic, this will be easier for me. Pick and choose which one you would like to use and try to match it to your attire. And remember, if there is a hot female involved, go with the messenger bag.

User avatar
RUQRU
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby RUQRU » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:51 am

If your law school career does not work out you can use your messenger bag in a different profession:

London bicycle courier, Oxford Street
Image

User avatar
philip.platt
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby philip.platt » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Image

I like this one, but I am partial to Lambos.

User avatar
sundevil77
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby sundevil77 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Just as a heads up for those of you still looking for a backpack, but are looking for a good deal:

STAPLES IS OFFERING 100% REBATE ON ANY BACKPACK PURCHASE THROUGH JULY 31ST!!!

-I guess you get the purchase back in the form of a Staples gift card. My bro just got an $85 Swiss Army bag with laptop sleeve etc. and they will send him the rebate card next week. That's a pretty sweet deal.

User avatar
ihaftagetinsomewhere
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby ihaftagetinsomewhere » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Image

I use a Hi-Tec Inca Trail backpack. It's a backpacking bag with an internal metal frame. It held all my 1L books without ripping (I had to replace my previous backpack 2 months into fall semester last year). It was on sale at Big 5 Sporting Goods for $29. It costs $109 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Tec-INCA-TRAIL ... B002KO8VZU
Last edited by ihaftagetinsomewhere on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hans3n
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby hans3n » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:03 am

catharsis wrote:Image

i went with the North Face Surge backpack. from reviews, it's really great for carrying heavy things (i.e. law books) and it has a great padded laptop compartment. i got it from REI on sale for under $90 so i though it was a pretty nice deal. it also looks really nice in person in my opinion.


I'll be rocking this as well. Just bought it for $65. Too many straps in my opinion though. Might have to get out the scissors. My previous Northface backpack lasted me 8 years, and is still very usable.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby angiej » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:27 pm


User avatar
RUQRU
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby RUQRU » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:19 am

This beauty should carry all your books PLUS a five day food supply for those intense study group meetings in the library basement:
Eagle Creek Take 2 ORV Trunk 28

--ImageRemoved--

The ES2 wheel system and Touch Point Handle System offer smooth and comfortable transport...

PrincessLexiRae
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby PrincessLexiRae » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:32 am

mdgold wrote:what do you think of this bag (for a girl who doesn't like backpacks)
--LinkRemoved--


I LOVE Burberry.

I would get that over a backpack any day.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby hannah87 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:32 pm

PrincessLexiRae wrote:
mdgold wrote:what do you think of this bag (for a girl who doesn't like backpacks)
--LinkRemoved--


I LOVE Burberry.

I would get that over a backpack any day.


i saw this bag in person in Bloomie's on friday...i don't think it's durable enough. the fabric is thin and the straps are too narrow! very cute as an every day tote, though.

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby camstant » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:44 pm

hans3n wrote:
catharsis wrote:Image

i went with the North Face Surge backpack. from reviews, it's really great for carrying heavy things (i.e. law books) and it has a great padded laptop compartment. i got it from REI on sale for under $90 so i though it was a pretty nice deal. it also looks really nice in person in my opinion.


I'll be rocking this as well. Just bought it for $65. Too many straps in my opinion though. Might have to get out the scissors. My previous Northface backpack lasted me 8 years, and is still very usable.


Got one of these in gray and have been very happy with it so far. great pocket for my laptop, plenty of room, and lots of organizational qualities--highly recommended

evergirl23
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby evergirl23 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:03 pm

hannah87 wrote:
PrincessLexiRae wrote:
mdgold wrote:what do you think of this bag (for a girl who doesn't like backpacks)
--LinkRemoved--


I LOVE Burberry.

I would get that over a backpack any day.


i saw this bag in person in Bloomie's on friday...i don't think it's durable enough. the fabric is thin and the straps are too narrow! very cute as an every day tote, though.



I looked at the Burberry bag at Nordie's - loved it, but agree with hannah87's assessment. Definitely not the most practical for law school.

I just got this: http://www.ebags.com/product/columbia/j ... id=1340323 from ebags.com. I like it - mixes black and brown and large enough for all my stuff. Plus it is really inexpensive, and since I tend to have tote and handbag ADD, it will make me feel less guilty if I decide to get a new one halfway through the year.

User avatar
kumba84
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:40 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby kumba84 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:12 pm

camstant wrote:
hans3n wrote:
catharsis wrote:Image

i went with the North Face Surge backpack. from reviews, it's really great for carrying heavy things (i.e. law books) and it has a great padded laptop compartment. i got it from REI on sale for under $90 so i though it was a pretty nice deal. it also looks really nice in person in my opinion.


I'll be rocking this as well. Just bought it for $65. Too many straps in my opinion though. Might have to get out the scissors. My previous Northface backpack lasted me 8 years, and is still very usable.


Got one of these in gray and have been very happy with it so far. great pocket for my laptop, plenty of room, and lots of organizational qualities--highly recommended


I was looking at this one too. I'm living a 30 minute commute from my school--do you think it's big enough to fit laptop, books, gym clothes and lunch?

MD/JD2B
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby MD/JD2B » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:24 pm

I want a bag with wheels which would do well on cobblestone or other rough terrain, like rocks near a pier....

PrincessLexiRae
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby PrincessLexiRae » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:30 pm

I would LOVE a few long champ bags as well...They are pretty durable and if you had two or three bigs ones to separate your stuff and not make them too heavy...

Maybe I'll just have to be practical and get a backpack. But entering law school is a great excuse for a Burberry or Long champ bag...

User avatar
Grad_Student
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby Grad_Student » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:43 pm

kumba84 wrote:I was looking at this one too. I'm living a 30 minute commute from my school--do you think it's big enough to fit laptop, books, gym clothes and lunch?

Yes. I have the Recon and can fit all of that (lunch box) in my bag. Along with a waterbottle and coffee travel mug. The Recon has a smaller capacity size.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Postby hannah87 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:08 pm

evergirl23 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
PrincessLexiRae wrote:
mdgold wrote:what do you think of this bag (for a girl who doesn't like backpacks)
--LinkRemoved--


I LOVE Burberry.

I would get that over a backpack any day.


i saw this bag in person in Bloomie's on friday...i don't think it's durable enough. the fabric is thin and the straps are too narrow! very cute as an every day tote, though.



I looked at the Burberry bag at Nordie's - loved it, but agree with hannah87's assessment. Definitely not the most practical for law school.

I just got this: http://www.ebags.com/product/columbia/j ... id=1340323 from ebags.com. I like it - mixes black and brown and large enough for all my stuff. Plus it is really inexpensive, and since I tend to have tote and handbag ADD, it will make me feel less guilty if I decide to get a new one halfway through the year.


cute, evergirl!




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], splitterfromhell and 2 guests