what is the perfect law school bag? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
camstant

Bronze

Re: what is the perfect law school bag?

Post by camstant » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:31 pm

kumba84 wrote:
camstant wrote:
hans3n wrote:
catharsis wrote:Image

i went with the North Face Surge backpack. from reviews, it's really great for carrying heavy things (i.e. law books) and it has a great padded laptop compartment. i got it from REI on sale for under $90 so i though it was a pretty nice deal. it also looks really nice in person in my opinion.
I'll be rocking this as well. Just bought it for $65. Too many straps in my opinion though. Might have to get out the scissors. My previous Northface backpack lasted me 8 years, and is still very usable.
Got one of these in gray and have been very happy with it so far. great pocket for my laptop, plenty of room, and lots of organizational qualities--highly recommended
I was looking at this one too. I'm living a 30 minute commute from my school--do you think it's big enough to fit laptop, books, gym clothes and lunch?
Hmm... well i guess that depends how many books you're bringing and how big of a lunch you've got, but that's the nature of just about any backpack. I would say compare the volume specifications to other backpacks--I found the surge to be on the larger end without being one of those massive hiking ones. I should add, though: I have a 14" thinkpad which fits great in the laptop compartment, but there's also not a lot of room for anything much bigger, so you might want to keep that in mind.

burvowski

Bronze

Post by burvowski » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:02 am

RP1983 wrote:Dilemma:

For guys out there, whether to get a messenger bag or backpack.

Lets weigh the pros and cons.

Backpack pros- Large enough for books, easier to carry, gives you more of a sporty look.

Backpack cons- Not at all unique, reeks of conformity, tendency to look like a dweeb, not very stylish.

Messenger bag pros- stylish, sleek, sexy, makes you look smarter and more alpha, stand out from other guys and attract more females

Messenger bag cons- will be tougher to carry all of your books, a jealous betamale may try to make you look like you are a tool for wearing one of these things.

VERDICT-

Get both. Since I already have a messenger bag from banana republic, this will be easier for me. Pick and choose which one you would like to use and try to match it to your attire. And remember, if there is a hot female involved, go with the messenger bag.
another con: messenger bags are worse for your back over the long term. i cant imagine 3 years of law school books on one shoulder will do well for your spine and posture

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Backpack pros- Large enough for books, easier to carry, gives you more of a sporty look.

Backpack cons- Not at all unique, reeks of conformity, tendency to look like a dweeb, not very stylish.

Messenger bag pros- stylish, sleek, sexy, makes you look smarter and more alpha, stand out from other guys and attract more females

Messenger bag cons- will be tougher to carry all of your books, a jealous betamale may try to make you look like you are a tool for wearing one of these things.

VERDICT-

Get both. Since I already have a messenger bag from banana republic, this will be easier for me. Pick and choose which one you would like to use and try to match it to your attire. And remember, if there is a hot female involved, go with the messenger bag.
Alpha male? Real alphas wear stork packs, son.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:20 pm

daesonesb wrote:

VERDICT-

Alpha male? Real alphas wear stork packs, son.

Not big enough for the ultra alpha male laptop:

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Ok, serious question: How big a bag do you need in law school?
I want to carry a 13-inch laptop and my books, but I want to avoid a bulky bag b/c I'm pretty small, and it'll get in the way during my commute (public transportation). I am going to have a locker, and I'm planning on the whole "rebinding books into smaller books" so I have less to carry - that should reduce the size bag I need, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:50 pm

--ImageRemoved--

perfect.

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Save 20% and get free shipping over at ebags.com with the coupon code CATABTS11B.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”