I need a good note taking program for Macs

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
chicoalto0649

Re: I need a good note taking program for Macs

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:03 am

Still not sure if im gunna be a pen and paper guy or use my laptop

mac.empress

Postby mac.empress » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:06 am

ˆI'm gonna try the Pages idea. I'm not so committed to Word that I wouldn't try it.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:09 am

mac.empress wrote:ˆI'm gonna try the Pages idea. I'm not so committed to Word that I wouldn't try it.

Ur avatar is mesmerizing

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:44 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
mac.empress wrote:ˆI'm gonna try the Pages idea. I'm not so committed to Word that I wouldn't try it.

Ur avatar is mesmerizing

+1024

Postby 2807 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Pages is great. And for those with a mac here is an incredibly awesome tip that I figured out and have been doing for 4 years now..

Get yourself the "Mobile Me" account with Apple ($99). It used to be called "Dot Mac", now it is Mobile Me.

Here is why: When you make a folder/file/Pages doc... whatever.... You drag/drop (or just create it in the first place) in your "iDisk". Then, every time you open the doc (class notes, papers, everything!) you work away and save... and all of your work is automatically backed up and saved/secured on Apple's servers. You can go home, open up your desk top and ta-da' there is your work.... It is awesome. A simple and safe way to constantly have an online back up of your work in realtime, and it works as a server to access your stuff anywhere, anytime. And, drag your class folders to your doc (right side) for quick easy access...(very handy OS tip)

Plus it syncs all your contacts, email, calendar.. blahblahblah.. Really is a great deal. For the $99 you get 20gig of storage (and can buy more if you want...but really....20 gig of notes?)

Instant server, safe and secure backup from Apple, and real time back up on the fly as you work! Really good!

And, the cat with the headphones is hilarious... his little tongue wags too. Funny

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Parallels Desktop -> OneNote

mac.empress

Postby mac.empress » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:47 am

CyLaw wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Ur avatar is mesmerizing
+1024

My happy 'tar thanks you all.

2807 wrote:Pages is great. And for those with a mac here is an incredibly awesome tip that I figured out and have been doing for 4 years now..

Get yourself the "Mobile Me" account with Apple ($99). It used to be called "Dot Mac", now it is Mobile Me.

...And, the cat with the headphones is hilarious... his little tongue wags too. Funny

That involves me spending $99! Hell no.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”