Best supplement for Contracts?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Grizz

Re: Best supplement for Contracts?

Postby Grizz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 am

Hodgy wrote:For those who know, are Chirelstein and Dobbs closely related? I ask this because my professor suggested Dobbs but if Chirelstein is closely related and much shorter I of course would prefer that.

Your professor recommended Dobbs? Man up and use Dobbs. He/she recommended it for a reason.

Lucidity

Postby Lucidity » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:45 pm

My prof recommended the Chirelstein book, so naturally i went ahead and ordered it. I was shocked when it arrived - it was so freaking tiny ! I've only started on the first few pages, but for those that have gone through the book, how exactly can such a girth challenged book thoroughly cover such a complex subject? Is it just that concise and succinct, or is it skimping on some of the details?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Lucidity wrote:My prof recommended the Chirelstein book, so naturally i went ahead and ordered it. I was shocked when it arrived - it was so freaking tiny ! I've only started on the first few pages, but for those that have gone through the book, how exactly can such a girth challenged book thoroughly cover such a complex subject? Is it just that concise and succinct, or is it skimping on some of the details?

In the case of my class, Chirelstein has been covering almost every case we've read for class and goes in the order the teacher of my class has been going in. Perhaps something of the same situation is happening in your class.

Lucidity

Postby Lucidity » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:01 am

Yea, such is not so in my class. Upon reading the preface of the book i got my answer. He specifically states himself that the books modest size means some information is left out or lightly covered, e.g. the statute of fraud.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 am

Lucidity wrote:Yea, such is not so in my class. Upon reading the preface of the book i got my answer. He specifically states himself that the books modest size means some information is left out or lightly covered, e.g. the statute of fraud.

Yeah I read that as well. I'd be surprised if your teacher covered that though. It seems Chirelstein hits the basics, aka what you need for 1L.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”