Dress Code for Orientation Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
waytofailself

Bronze

Re: Dress Code for Orientation

Post by waytofailself » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:03 pm

JusAbstinendi wrote: But does her beauty make it worth the risk? Then it's a real tough call.
Who said anything about "her"?

JusAbstinendi

New

Post by JusAbstinendi » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:17 pm

I did?

Wanna fight about it?

seeyouincourt28

New

Post by seeyouincourt28 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:52 pm

^^ Ladies... Ladies...

AO

JusAbstinendi

New

Post by JusAbstinendi » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:10 pm

^_^

finalnight

New

Post by finalnight » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:21 am

Stated dress code for my orientation is casual, but I normally wore biz casual/biz friday to class as an undergrad and bus casual is expected when I am doing stuff for my summer MBA class, so I will probably stick to that (except for finals, then its whatever I had time to put on and hopefully I am wearing pants).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:13 am

Question answered. Thanks 'search' function!

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:31 pm

I've already had two UCD 0Ls ask me what to wear to orientation. My reply: "Someone in your class will wear a suit to I-Week. You do not want to be that someone."

vandalvideo

Bronze

Post by vandalvideo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:09 pm

A suit is apparently required for the morning at X law school, but after that it is "student-wear". The heck is student-wear? Duct taped shoes and sideways visors?

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:13 pm

vandalvideo wrote:A suit is apparently required for the morning at X law school, but after that it is "student-wear". The heck is student-wear? Duct taped shoes and sideways visors?
If they told me to wear a suit to orientation, I'd show up in shorts and flip-flops anyway. Screw that noise. Nobody needs to be dressed to the nines to hear the academic support staff tell you how to brief a case.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:32 pm

I'll be wearing dark pants and a polo shirt that is starched to a T.

My color of choice for the pants will be dark blue, maybe dark green, or black.

As far as shoes, I really want to wear my Adidas Campus or some skates shoes. I'd wear some Converse All-Star Chuck Taylors, but I'd look weird in a tie and Chucks.

Now, should I wear cologne? I usually don't do cologne, but with this (orientation), you never know.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:35 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:I'll be wearing dark pants and a polo shirt that is starched to a T.

As far as shoes, I really want to wear my Adidas Campus or some skates shoes. I'd wear some Converse All-Star Chuck Taylors, but I'd look weird in a tie and Chucks.

Now, should I wear cologne? I usually don't do cologne, but with this (orientation), you never know.
If srs, killself

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:36 pm

SBL wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:I'll be wearing dark pants and a polo shirt that is starched to a T.

If srs, killself
Well, take away the starch. Now serious. :|

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:42 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:
SBL wrote:

If srs, killself
If you're debating the cologne, TCR is 1.3+ cans of Axe or 1.6+ cans of Tag.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:45 pm

SBL wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:
SBL wrote:

If srs, killself
If you're debating the cologne, TCR is 1.3+ cans of Axe or 1.6+ cans of Tag.
Axe? I hear that drives the girls crazy. I might do Axe. I do have an Old Spice spray, but their current spokesperson's butt is too big.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:54 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:
SBL wrote:

If srs, killself
You're wearing a tie to orientation? Honestly?

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:56 pm

mistergoft wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:
SBL wrote:

If srs, killself
+1

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:58 pm

SBL wrote:I've already had two UCD 0Ls ask me what to wear to orientation. My reply: "Someone in your class will wear a suit to I-Week. You do not want to be that someone."
:lol: Nice. I don't even have a suit right now so I don't have to worry about that.

My school says "casual." I think I'll probably wear a shirt with collar,but might wear jeans .. I remember one time pushing the limits of casual by wearing sweat pants and a white undershirt during the second day of a work conference... Got some comments on that and realized I had taken it too far.. Definitely wouldn't want to be the one in a full suit at orientation either though.

One thing to consider: at my school one of the orientation days we are going to a courtroom, so for that day I will make sure not to wear jeans. Some judges hate jeans.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:08 pm

At my school pretty much everyone did business casual last year.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:08 pm

I feel like people just need to wear whatever they want to orientation. You are alreadyyy admitted, who are you trying to impress with a suit or tie and whatnot? Crazy people.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Lawquacious wrote:
SBL wrote:I've already had two UCD 0Ls ask me what to wear to orientation. My reply: "Someone in your class will wear a suit to I-Week. You do not want to be that someone."
:lol: Nice. I don't even have a suit right now so I don't have to worry about that.

My school says "casual." I think I'll probably wear a shirt with collar,but might wear jeans .. I remember one time pushing the limits of casual by wearing sweat pants and a white undershirt during the second day of a work conference... Got some comments on that and realized I had taken it too far.. Definitely wouldn't want to be the one in a full suit at orientation either though.

One thing to consider: at my school one of the orientation days we are going to a courtroom, so for that day I will make sure not to wear jeans. Some judges hate jeans.
Who gives a shit? The judge won't know who you are, and it's not like he's going to tell everyone in the local community that some random 1L wore jeans.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Lawquacious wrote:

Who gives a shit? The judge won't know who you are, and it's not like he's going to tell everyone in the local community that some random 1L wore jeans. What people don't realize is that you'd have to do something pretty epic for I Week to effect your career one iota.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:29 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:

+1
The thought had crossed my mind.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:37 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:The thought had crossed my mind.
There is no reason to do this.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:45 pm

mistergoft wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:The thought had crossed my mind.
There is no reason to do this.
Ok. Thank you for saving me the hassle of a tie.

1ferret!

Bronze

Post by 1ferret! » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:58 pm

SBL wrote:
vandalvideo wrote:A suit is apparently required for the morning at X law school, but after that it is "student-wear". The heck is student-wear? Duct taped shoes and sideways visors?
If they told me to wear a suit to orientation, I'd show up in shorts and flip-flops anyway. Screw that noise. Nobody needs to be dressed to the nines to hear the academic support staff tell you how to brief a case.
wait....you were taught how to brief cases?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”