Please share your outlines with TLS Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Ken

Bronze

Please share your outlines with TLS

Post by Ken » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:28 am

Congratulations on finishing your first or second year of law school.

It would be a great contribution if you would consider submitting some of your outlines from this past year to TLS. I will post the ones we get as PDF files and they can be viewed by future students. I know that when I was attending law school that having access to the outline of someone a year ahead was a huge help in creating my own outline.

If you are so kind, please email the outlines to me at kendeleon1@gmail.com. In the outline or your email, please provide as much of the following as you can per outline:

Subject (should be self-evident but please include)
Your professor
Author of your casebook

Also, please let me know what law school you are attending since the outlines will be cataloged by both subject and law school. If you want to convey that you did well in your class (probably somewhat related to your outline's strength), that too would be appreciated.

Thanks for making TLS a better place! Best,

Ken

joonbug

Bronze

Re: Please share your outlines with TLS

Post by joonbug » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:35 am

This is a great idea once again proposed by Ken. A quick question though: Should anyone be able to access outlines submitted by the current TLS law school students? For instance, you can make it so that you have to be a TLS member to download the PDF outlines. Just throwing few thoughts around here.

Ken

Bronze

Post by Ken » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:13 am

Joonbug,

Thanks for your response. I do think this is a very attractive idea to make outlines only available to TLS members. While TLS is a site that is beneficial to those who view it, I do like the idea of having premium content (outlines, in-depth critiques of personal statements, exams from professors) that is for members only. This would be a reward to those who contribute to TLS as members since most members post in the forum and would also incentivize people to join vs. just lurk on the forum. In sum, excellent idea.

Now I just need outlines. Everyone is busy so no need to put in class, professor, and casebook if you do not have time but any outlines sent to my email (see above) would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken

JDO

New

Post by JDO » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Hello Ken,

Is there a section for downloading outlines on TLS?

-JDO

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:38 pm

JDO wrote:Hello Ken,

Is there a section for downloading outlines on TLS?

-JDO
Considering this was from 2 years ago, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ken's attempt to attract outlines wasn't very successful, for one reason or another.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JDO

New

Post by JDO » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:12 pm

I came across this post: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &sk=t&sd=a

It has a few places to get outlines. Do you know where else to get solid outlines?

-JDO

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:15 pm

JDO wrote:I came across this post: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &sk=t&sd=a

It has a few places to get outlines. Do you know where else to get solid outlines?

-JDO
Well, I'm going to ask 2L and 3L students at my school who had the same professor as me. This way I know I'll at least be on the same page with what was actually taught in my class.

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:23 pm

My school's SBA maintains an outline bank. Outlines are organized by class and labeled with the professor's name and the semester/year the class was taken. Very useful.

So, once you get to school, see if your SBA does the same thing. That way you don't have to go trolling 2Ls and 3Ls. (I'd give my outlines to anyone who asked, but I always felt really uncomfortable asking other people. The outline bank was gold.)

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Paichka wrote:My school's SBA maintains an outline bank. Outlines are organized by class and labeled with the professor's name and the semester/year the class was taken. Very useful.

So, once you get to school, see if your SBA does the same thing. That way you don't have to go trolling 2Ls and 3Ls. (I'd give my outlines to anyone who asked, but I always felt really uncomfortable asking other people. The outline bank was gold.)
Excellent advice!! Thank you.

yinz

Bronze

Post by yinz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:18 pm

This thread is jumpin', jumpin'.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”