What to carry into screener

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What to carry into screener

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 am

what should I or should I not be bringing into screener of form does not specify? Writing sample cover letter? Briefcase? Padfolio?

EzraFitz

Re: What to carry into screener

Postby EzraFitz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:13 am

Padfolio with copies of all relevant documents, just in case. Do not bring in a briefcase.

jrf12886

Postby jrf12886 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:17 am

Copies of resume, grades, and writing sample (if you submitted one to the firm) in a portfolio. No briefcase or bags.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 am

Yep, padfolio, copies of resume/transcript, and a pen or two. Try not to take obsessive notes when you should be talking/bonding, but it's fine to jot down a note or two (if you're given somebody to contact, an article to read, etc.)

fkt18

Postby fkt18 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 am

If you're female, I'm assuming the "no bags" rule wouldn't apply?

And if you are bringing a bag, I would recommend a water bottle. I had a practice interview this summer that was unexpectedly hostile and my mouth got so dry I could barely talk, so a water bottle would have been useful. If you have multiple screeners in a day this seems like a necessity (but then again, so does a bag in that case).

DJ JD

Postby DJ JD » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:50 am

fkt18 wrote:If you're female, I'm assuming the "no bags" rule wouldn't apply?

And if you are bringing a bag, I would recommend a water bottle. I had a practice interview this summer that was unexpectedly hostile and my mouth got so dry I could barely talk, so a water bottle would have been useful. If you have multiple screeners in a day this seems like a necessity (but then again, so does a bag in that case).

Pro-tip: Water with a squeeze of lemon (or lemon juice) beforehand... water by itself won't stop that dryness.

fkt18

Postby fkt18 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:09 pm

DJ JD wrote:Pro-tip: Water with a squeeze of lemon (or lemon juice) beforehand... water by itself won't stop that dryness.

You're the best! Thanks for the tip!

Return to “Legal Employment”