Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Making friends
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:13 am 

When/where/how did you make friends in law school?

I already had two days of orientation, but I haven't found anyone I clicked with :( I'm not the most outgoing girl, but I've always had a good group of friends anywhere I went. It is getting frustrating...

Post subject: Re: Making friends
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 pm 

Making friends is hard in law school, especially if you're introverted, older/married/or with kids, not into bar reviews, focused on doing well in school, and forced to attend a commuter law school (as was the case with me). I really didn't start to click with some people until 3L year, and even then we still didn't have all that much of an opportunity to become super good friends. It seems like most people became friends by going to bar review, or by being roommates.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 pm 

Join law student groups, look for social events put on by the student bar, and just relax. Everyone is so stressed those first days (months, year), there will come a time when those looking to socialize put down their anxiety and relax. Go to bar crawls put on by students, drinking really brings people together, plus sometimes you get a t-shirt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:14 pm 

:shock: Friends? In law school? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously though, don't stress yourself out about it. If you're not clicking with certain people, you're not clicking with those people. You'll make friends soon enough, even if only out of necessity. Like the others said, just chill out and go to social events or join clubs that you actually care about. You can't force these things, and, imho, you don't want to.