Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Attack Blurbs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:22 pm 

Hey all, first time poster. (obv)

Anyone ever have attack blurbs they are ready to throw out when the time calls. For instance, if an advertisement question may come up on Contracts:

As a baseline rule, advertisements generally do not constitute offers (Restatement 26 comment b). Advertisements are generally initiations to accept an offer (Leanord v PepsiCo.), rather than an offer itself. In order for an ad to constitute an offer, it must be clear, explicit, definitive and leave nothing for negotiation. (Lefkowitz v Great Minneapolis Surplus Store).

thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Attack Blurbs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:29 pm 

Quote:
Advertisements are generally initiations to accept an offer (Leanord v PepsiCo.), rather than an offer itself.

I would rephrase but a heads up would be nice if I need to grab my aspie riot gear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:31 pm 

qlinault wrote:
Quote:
Advertisements are generally initiations to accept an offer (Leanord v PepsiCo.), rather than an offer itself.

I would rephrase but a heads up would be nice if I need to grab my aspie riot gear

invitations to bargain*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:19 pm 

Restatement90 wrote:

Anyone ever have attack blurbs they are ready to throw out when the time calls. For instance, if an advertisement question may come up on Contracts:

As a baseline rule, advertisements generally do not constitute offers (Restatement 26 comment b). Advertisements are generally initiations to accept an offer (Leanord v PepsiCo.), rather than an offer itself. In order for an ad to constitute an offer, it must be clear, explicit, definitive and leave nothing for negotiation. (Lefkowitz v Great Minneapolis Surplus Store).

thoughts?

Yeah this is a good idea but:
(1) Don't copy/paste if your exam rules/honor system doesn't allow you to
(2) Something this length may not run into the problem, but don't get much longer b/c you don't want to be writing long passages with no application of the law to the fact pattern. This would be a good opening part of a paragraph where you then say something like "Here, Mr. X didn't make a clear offer when he yelled it outside of his moving car passing Mr. Y"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:05 pm 

Br3v wrote:
Restatement90 wrote:

thoughts?

Yeah this is a good idea but:
(1) Don't copy/paste if your exam rules/honor system doesn't allow you to
(2) Something this length may not run into the problem, but don't get much longer b/c you don't want to be writing long passages with no application of the law to the fact pattern. This would be a good opening part of a paragraph where you then say something like "Here, Mr. X didn't make a clear offer when he yelled it outside of his moving car passing Mr. Y"

Sounds good. Thank you!