Family Law? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
cam1992

New

Family Law?

Post by cam1992 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Any thoughts on the usefulness of taking family law? I don't really see it coming in handy in my professional life as I am going the big firm route; however, I have an opening in my schedule and I really like the professor. I know it is on the bar, so that would be my main impetus for taking it. My other choice would be a writing seminar on a topic that is of personal interest, but is also totally irrelevant to my professional aspirations. Although there is obviously zero guarantee, if I took the writing seminar, I would try and write something that could be published. Even though family law is an exam and the seminar is a paper, it seems like, from what I can gather, they would be about an equal amount of work. Thoughts?

QContinuum

Re: Family Law?

Post by QContinuum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:21 pm

I'd take Family Law in your shoes, because it's actually a fun class and - as you point out - it is on the bar, saving you some effort down the road. I also think it's important to know at least a bit of Family Law anyway for personal edification.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”