Emory Students—A Humble Request

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
throwaway2019

New

Emory Students—A Humble Request

Postby throwaway2019 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Hey all!

Seem like Dorothy Brown has been teaching at Emory since 2008. If anyone has any insight they can share re: her, I'd be super grateful—I'm especially interested in hearing from students who took her for federal income taxation or tax policy. If you'd prefer to remain anonymous, please reach out to me via PM.

Many thanks

[I posted this on Law School FAQ, but thought I'd post here as well (hope y'all don't mind). Please don't quote.]

els18

New

Re: Emory Students—A Humble Request

Postby els18 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm

I never took her class, so this is all based on stuff I have heard from other students. Everyone I know who took her class really liked her as a person, but also said she was a tough professor. I know she failed one graduating 3L student that was taking it pass/fail last spring. So it's definitely not a class you can blow off.

throwaway2019

New

Re: Emory Students—A Humble Request

Postby throwaway2019 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:06 am

For some reason, I can’t PM you, but would there be any way you could reach out to students who took her Fed Income Tax course for an outline? I’d be super indebted to you.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students?