What should I do? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kscoh

New

What should I do?

Post by kscoh » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:56 pm

2L, top 15%, LR but struck out at OCI. Been mass mailing ever since, got a few CBs and an offer with a regional firm on the outskirts of my target market. Pay is low, and the office itself is pretty dingy. Attorneys seem nice, but would I be selling myself short by going for just whatever I can get? Do bigger or better firms look for summers in the late fall and spring, or should I grab this up now while I can? would taking a crappy 2l summer position hurt my chances of getting something better 3L OCI? Thanks for any advice.

acr

Silver

Re: What should I do?

Post by acr » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Accept the offer from this "shitty" firm then continue to hunt for something better until summer. If you find something better, or find something in your target market, renege on the offer. Law firms will not be loyal to you/don't care about you, so you shouldn't hesitate to renege or feel bad about reneging in your best interests. If you don't find something else, work at the firm this summer, and the experience will look good for 3L OCI/mass mail.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”