2L lazy posting Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Giro423

Bronze

2L lazy posting

Post by Giro423 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Who else is feeling the brain drain? I know 3L is supposed to be the chill year but holy shit. What is the motivation to do any more than the bare minimum to avoid having your SA offer revoked? Being on journals sucks btw :twisted:

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Re: 2L lazy posting

Post by BeeTeeZ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Giro423 wrote:Who else is feeling the brain drain? I know 3L is supposed to be the chill year but holy shit. What is the motivation to do any more than the bare minimum to avoid having your SA offer revoked? Being on journals sucks btw :twisted:
What motivated me was the fear of getting no offered and then having to apply 3L year with worse grades. Now that I'm a 3L with a full time offer, what motivates me is the fear of getting fired as a junior and then having to lateral with worse grades. Fear is a great motivator.

Giro423

Bronze

Post by Giro423 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:01 pm

BeeTeeZ wrote:
Giro423 wrote:Who else is feeling the brain drain? I know 3L is supposed to be the chill year but holy shit. What is the motivation to do any more than the bare minimum to avoid having your SA offer revoked? Being on journals sucks btw :twisted:
What motivated me was the fear of getting no offered and then having to apply 3L year with worse grades. Now that I'm a 3L with a full time offer, what motivates me is the fear of getting fired as a junior and then having to lateral with worse grades. Fear is a great motivator.
What is your backup plan? My no offer plan is immediately dropping out and applying to be a private school humanities teacher.

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Post by BeeTeeZ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:04 pm

Giro423 wrote:
BeeTeeZ wrote:
What is your backup plan? My no offer plan is immediately dropping out and applying to be a private school humanities teacher.
I don't have a backup plan. I'm all in.

Giro423

Bronze

Post by Giro423 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:54 am

BeeTeeZ wrote:
Giro423 wrote:
BeeTeeZ wrote:
I don't have a backup plan. I'm all in.
I think you want to be a humanities teacher.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”