GULC EA 2018 Transfer

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ladysansastark

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby ladysansastark » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:21 pm

got in through backdoor too! no letter yet.

sahara1128

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:12 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby sahara1128 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:19 am

lawfullyyourz wrote:
sahara1128 wrote:Does everyone get a little handwritten note from Andrew Cornblatt next to his signature?


He also wrote a note for me. Thought I was special over here lol.


Lmao, I thought the same.

Birdy1376

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:50 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby Birdy1376 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:25 am

In via backdoor, SO happy!! Stats are: 3.78 at a school ranked 45-55. Still no letter yet though :(

Birdy1376

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:50 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby Birdy1376 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Does anyone know if the offer is conditional on a 3.2 just for this semester or a 3.2 average for the whole year?

POTSie Lawyer

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby POTSie Lawyer » Tue May 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Birdy1376 wrote:Does anyone know if the offer is conditional on a 3.2 just for this semester or a 3.2 average for the whole year?


I have no idea, and for some reason I'm terrified of this. That's the one question I would be afraid to ask Admissions.

Birdy1376

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:50 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby Birdy1376 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:47 pm

POTSie Lawyer wrote:
Birdy1376 wrote:Does anyone know if the offer is conditional on a 3.2 just for this semester or a 3.2 average for the whole year?


I have no idea, and for some reason I'm terrified of this. That's the one question I would be afraid to ask Admissions.


So am I, so I guess I'm just going to assume then that it's a 3.2 for this semester. Still have 2 exams left so no pressure or anything :|

lawfullyyourz

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby lawfullyyourz » Tue May 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Birdy1376 wrote:Does anyone know if the offer is conditional on a 3.2 just for this semester or a 3.2 average for the whole year?


3.2 for spring semester.

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Tue May 01, 2018 5:24 pm

anyone get a deferral email yet? Still haven't gotten an email. Backdoor isn't working for me either :(

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Tue May 01, 2018 5:29 pm

anyone get a deferral email yet? Still haven't heard anything

PinkSoju

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:30 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby PinkSoju » Tue May 01, 2018 5:50 pm

ihatelawschoolalot wrote:anyone get a deferral email yet? Still haven't gotten an email. Backdoor isn't working for me either :(



yeahh me neither. I mean given that deferral emails arent coming out yet, I'm just hopeful that they are still making decisions for those who didn't get any responses back. However, as days go by, I am getting more skeptical.

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Tue May 01, 2018 6:33 pm

PinkSoju wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:anyone get a deferral email yet? Still haven't gotten an email. Backdoor isn't working for me either :(



yeahh me neither. I mean given that deferral emails arent coming out yet, I'm just hopeful that they are still making decisions for those who didn't get any responses back. However, as days go by, I am getting more skeptical.


do you think they're still making decisions? HAven't all the acceptance letters gone out since the 1st deposit is due by May 7?

PinkSoju

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:30 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby PinkSoju » Tue May 01, 2018 6:57 pm

ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
PinkSoju wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:anyone get a deferral email yet? Still haven't gotten an email. Backdoor isn't working for me either :(



yeahh me neither. I mean given that deferral emails arent coming out yet, I'm just hopeful that they are still making decisions for those who didn't get any responses back. However, as days go by, I am getting more skeptical.


do you think they're still making decisions? HAven't all the acceptance letters gone out since the 1st deposit is due by May 7?



well that's the thing. The people are getting decisions from 4/26, 4/27 or even 4/31. Some people got back door today in the morning or really late yesterday night. So my position is that unless I have an email saying I was deferred, I am going to be hopeful. But it is true that possibly I am way too optimistic. :) so lets hope for the best, and get good grades for second semester so we can go to a better school or GULC :)

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Tue May 01, 2018 7:21 pm

PinkSoju wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
PinkSoju wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:anyone get a deferral email yet? Still haven't gotten an email. Backdoor isn't working for me either :(



yeahh me neither. I mean given that deferral emails arent coming out yet, I'm just hopeful that they are still making decisions for those who didn't get any responses back. However, as days go by, I am getting more skeptical.


do you think they're still making decisions? HAven't all the acceptance letters gone out since the 1st deposit is due by May 7?



well that's the thing. The people are getting decisions from 4/26, 4/27 or even 4/31. Some people got back door today in the morning or really late yesterday night. So my position is that unless I have an email saying I was deferred, I am going to be hopeful. But it is true that possibly I am way too optimistic. :) so lets hope for the best, and get good grades for second semester so we can go to a better school or GULC :)


fighting! :D

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 pm

anyone in california get a letter yet?

TTTTortQueen

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby TTTTortQueen » Tue May 01, 2018 7:54 pm

ihatelawschoolalot wrote:anyone in california get a letter yet?


I'm in California and I just got my letter! For future reference:

Application complete: 3/15
Backdoor: 4/30
Program time status change: 4/30
Letter: 5/1

ladysansastark

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby ladysansastark » Tue May 01, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm in California and got my letter today too!

POTSie Lawyer

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby POTSie Lawyer » Tue May 01, 2018 11:23 pm

Should probably post this for posterity:

Application complete: 2/19
Citizenship change ("USA"): 4/19
Letter: 4/30, morning
Backdoor: 4/30, late afternoon

PinkSoju

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:30 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby PinkSoju » Tue May 01, 2018 11:51 pm

So im starting to doubt the address and citizenship changes LOL and yeahhh given that I have sent my application really late like nearly the last date. Only hope I had was that I also had all these changes. LOLL

TTTTortQueen

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby TTTTortQueen » Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 am

Does anyone know if we can turn in the deposit/commitment forms online? Do they have to be mailed? Thanks!

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Wed May 02, 2018 4:48 pm

no deferral email today either? I wish they would just tell me already :shock:

wonderw613

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:02 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby wonderw613 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:04 pm

TTTTortQueen wrote:Does anyone know if we can turn in the deposit/commitment forms online? Do they have to be mailed? Thanks!

The form provides a mailing address so I mailed my money order and the form to them.

lawfullyyourz

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby lawfullyyourz » Wed May 02, 2018 7:50 pm

PinkSoju wrote:So im starting to doubt the address and citizenship changes LOL and yeahhh given that I have sent my application really late like nearly the last date. Only hope I had was that I also had all these changes. LOLL


Don't know if this will help but I sent my application in on the last day and was accepted on Monday.

lawfullyyourz

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby lawfullyyourz » Wed May 02, 2018 7:51 pm

TTTTortQueen wrote:Does anyone know if we can turn in the deposit/commitment forms online? Do they have to be mailed? Thanks!


You can do it online

lawfullyyourz

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby lawfullyyourz » Wed May 02, 2018 7:57 pm

Putting this updated info all in one spot for next year's applicants.

Application Submitted: 03/15 (due date)
Application Complete: 03/16
Date on Acceptance Letter: 04/26 (Thursday)
Date on Envelope: 04/27 (Friday)
Received in New York: 04/30 (Monday)
GPA: Top 10%
Tier: TTT
Rejected as 0L

kengh

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby kengh » Wed May 02, 2018 8:36 pm

Does anyone know when deferral emails are usually sent out?



Return to “Forum for Law School Students�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests