GULC EA 2018 Transfer

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
POTSie Lawyer

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby POTSie Lawyer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:17 pm

How is everyone feeling about the correlation between citizenship/address changes and admittance? Does any one know what time of day backdoor tended to become available?

sourkind

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:05 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby sourkind » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:53 pm

How does one check backdoor?

Whoami1995

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby Whoami1995 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:57 pm

Can someone please explain to me what “backdoor” is and how it works?

POTSie Lawyer

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby POTSie Lawyer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:33 pm

Whoami1995 wrote:Can someone please explain to me what “backdoor” is and how it works?


The "back door" is just requesting a password to access the admitted students website at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted-students/. Usually, you can get your password a few days before receiving a physical acceptance letter.

Whoami1995

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby Whoami1995 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:25 am

POTSie Lawyer wrote:
Whoami1995 wrote:Can someone please explain to me what “backdoor” is and how it works?


The "back door" is just requesting a password to access the admitted students website at http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted-students/. Usually, you can get your password a few days before receiving a physical acceptance letter.


Here's my dumb question of the day: I type in my email that I applied with, yes?

kengh

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby kengh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:31 am

Yes. How would they have an email you didn’t apply with?

Whoami1995

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby Whoami1995 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 am

kengh wrote:Yes. How would they have an email you didn’t apply with?


I wasn't sure if they provide an email or not. For example, my school uses First.Last@XXXX.edu. So, I didn't know if I was supposed to be using GULC's format or not.

TransferDawg2018

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby TransferDawg2018 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Anyone's backdoor work today?

PinkSoju

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:30 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby PinkSoju » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Just a question, I've been hearing around about how a change in citizenship and address is a good indication for an acceptance. Is that incorrect? Is it just saying that decisions are coming within a week?

Thanks guys

kengh

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby kengh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:23 pm

Anyone hear anything?

TTTTortQueen

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby TTTTortQueen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Checking in! 3.67 top 6% at a t4 (I know this is a long shot)

Good luck everyone!

POTSie Lawyer

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby POTSie Lawyer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:50 am

FYI: If they send acceptances via USPS, you can supposedly see pictures of all your incoming mail for the next several days if you register at https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/p ... art.action. Worth a try for the especially anxious (like myself)! Let us know if anything pops up!

j__c

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby j__c » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:19 pm

My (and seemingly everyone else's) initial address change occurred on April 19th. Did anyone on here have their address change on the 20th?

PinkSoju

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:30 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby PinkSoju » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:02 pm

POTSie Lawyer wrote:FYI: If they send acceptances via USPS, you can supposedly see pictures of all your incoming mail for the next several days if you register at https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/p ... art.action. Worth a try for the especially anxious (like myself)! Let us know if anything pops up!



thanks !! :)

TransferDawg2018

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby TransferDawg2018 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 am

Gotta be today or tomorrow right???

j__c

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby j__c » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 am

TransferDawg2018 wrote:Gotta be today or tomorrow right???


Yes. In 2017 and 2016, backdoor access worked 3 business days after the address change. So considering that our addresses changed on Thursday, today should be the day.

kengh

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby kengh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:29 pm

What time did ppl find out last year

TransferDawg2018

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby TransferDawg2018 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:36 pm

kengh wrote:What time did ppl find out last year


Late afternoon - near close of business.

PinkSoju

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:30 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby PinkSoju » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:35 pm

I guess today wasn't the day... unless someone tried backdoor and got in.

j__c

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby j__c » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:15 pm

PinkSoju wrote:I guess today wasn't the day... unless someone tried backdoor and got in.

No backdoor for me either...looks like tomorrow (hopefully)!

LawSchoolGeeky

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby LawSchoolGeeky » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:28 pm

j__c wrote:
PinkSoju wrote:I guess today wasn't the day... unless someone tried backdoor and got in.

No backdoor for me either...looks like tomorrow (hopefully)!


Nothing here either. I really hope it opens up tomorrow!

TransferDawg2018

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby TransferDawg2018 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:45 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
j__c wrote:
PinkSoju wrote:I guess today wasn't the day... unless someone tried backdoor and got in.

No backdoor for me either...looks like tomorrow (hopefully)!


Nothing here either. I really hope it opens up tomorrow!


Yep - nothing

cas220bw

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:33 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby cas220bw » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Tried today as well. No luck. Hopefully we get an answer by the end of the week!

wonderw613

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:02 am

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby wonderw613 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:29 am

phone number underlined in the status checker.

kengh

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: GULC EA 2018 Transfer

Postby kengh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:40 am

mine is the same. no underline



Return to “Forum for Law School Students?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests