USAO 1L Background Check Questions Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
temp

New

USAO 1L Background Check Questions

Post by temp » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:53 pm

Accepted a 1L summer position with the USAO in a secondary market. Filled out the SF-85P through e-QIP a few weeks ago and let HR know that I had done so. There are no red flags in my background and I'm not worried about failing or anything.

However, I don't think HR has sent it to DC yet and I haven't been contacted about getting fingerprinted/turning in the rest of the paperwork. Getting a hold of them through email and voicemail has been almost impossible. For those who have interned with the USAO in the past, is this a typical HR experience and will this potentially delay my start date?

Also, what method do they use to contact your past employers/personal references/residential references (mail, phone call etc.)? I know that some of my references don't check their mail that often so I'd like to be able to give them a heads up if that's the case.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Re: USAO 1L Background Check Questions

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:46 am

Don't worry about it; this is normal. Won't delay your start.

sluggla

Bronze

Post by sluggla » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:34 am

I would followup. HR at my office required my fingerprints, e-qip, and other paperwork to be completed within 7 days of my acceptance. It could be particular to the office, but I don't see any reason to not followup and/or pester them to guarantee timeliness.

hoy456

New

Post by hoy456 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Piggybacking here - has anyone had any experience with USAOs being a bit sluggish on setting a start date, such that with the program length you end up running up on OCI?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”