Should I drop out? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
randoo23

New

Should I drop out?

Post by randoo23 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:43 pm

I just received most of my grades and I sit at a 3.0. I studied my ass off and not just reading but outlining and using all the tips I could from TLS and others. I hated this semester it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I did not enjoy the atmosphere where you are constantly stressed and competing which makes me think that I am not a good fit for the legal world. I attend a t15-19. Should I drop out while I can?

PS: zero in debt undergrad and Law school (Scholarship (75% percentile) and family help)

acr

Silver

Re: Should I drop out?

Post by acr » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:03 pm

randoo23 wrote:I just received most of my grades and I sit at a 3.0. I studied my ass off and not just reading but outlining and using all the tips I could from TLS and others. I hated this semester it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I did not enjoy the atmosphere where you are constantly stressed and competing which makes me think that I am not a good fit for the legal world. I attend a t15-19. Should I drop out while I can?

PS: zero in debt undergrad and Law school (Scholarship (75% percentile) and family help)
I wouldn't drop out yet. See what you can do about your grades second semester. Talk to your professors about how you can improve your grades, and honestly evaluate your strategy from last semester and make changes. Approach this semester as if you have nothing to lose. Throughout this semester, maybe apply to non-legal jobs you might be interested in. If you land a good opportunity outside the legal field, then give more serious consideration to dropping out. You might not be thinking you're a good fit for the legal world right now simply as a reaction to your performance. You've already survived half of the first year, what's another ~four months? Stick it out and see what happens.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”