below median 1L T-14. What's next? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
okaygo

Silver

Re: below median 1L T-14. What's next?

Post by okaygo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:37 am

I always put the rule down. Mainly because it was on my outline, so sometimes I would do so without truly putting thought into the contours of the rule to help guide me in my analysis. I had to do too much thinking during game day on the exam, when I should have been doing, I suppose, all of that work during prep time. I stand by a big part of my problem being crappy issue spotting. Also my school just tends to have a lack of practice exams, so that certaintly didn’t help.

Truly though, don’t ask me where I went wrong. Never really figured it out. I made my own outlines, paid attention in class, did my readings. Grades were still meh. Just never cracked the law school exam code.

OP: The point of my post was an attempt to reassure you that even if it doesn’t work out, life still may be okay. God speed next semester! I brought my GPA up .1 and some change my 1L spring. Even a minor boost is possible and will help!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”