1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017 Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
johnnysacks

New

1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Post by johnnysacks » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Law students gtfih.

basketofbread

New

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Post by basketofbread » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:26 pm

How does everyone think they did?

Feeling terrible because I made a fucking ridiculously stupid mistake on one question of my 12 short essay civ pro exam. Hoping it's possible to pull an A- given I picked up on the more subtle issues that anecdotally I know a few people missed. Hopefully the prof doesn't give me a straight zero for that question. Have no idea overall. It's a real shame. Feel like killing myself : ) torts could go either way, I worked hard for it and had comprehensive issue coverage / haven't realized that I made a catastrophic error yet.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Counting down the days 'til my school begins releasing grades on Jan 8.

I feel good about Torts and LRW. No idea about CivPro or Contracts; I think I did alright on both, so it'll come down to how my peers did.

johnnysacks

New

Post by johnnysacks » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:01 pm

I feel like Criminal Law was extremely straightforward. Not hard at all, a bit of a time crunch but overall all the questions were crystal clear to me. The issue with that is that everyone else probably thought so as well which makes the curve ultra tight.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:34 pm

I can already tell this is going to be great for the mental health of all the 1Ls.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

johnnysacks

New

Post by johnnysacks » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:40 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I can already tell this is going to be great for the mental health of all the 1Ls.
I'm going to stress about finals and exams. May as well do it with other 1Ls who are equally neurotic and anxious as I am.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:56 pm

I've gotten one grade back - got an A in LRW, woo!

Now I'm looking forward to getting my hopes and dreams crushed in my other four classes...

basketofbread

New

Post by basketofbread » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:03 am

floatie wrote:I've gotten one grade back - got an A in LRW, woo!

Now I'm looking forward to getting my hopes and dreams crushed in my other four classes...
Nice! Graded LRW sux but sounds like you killed it. Nobody in our class (we know because the prof told us) got above an A on ANY assignment. Yet obviously someone will get an A in the class. Weird

blair.waldorf

Bronze

Post by blair.waldorf » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:07 am

1/19. After classes start. Please kill me as I'd like to not do a week of class before knowing whether I'm dropping out or not.

I feel very good about torts, pretty good about property (i knew the subject matter so well but she threw a crazy curveball that had people crying during the exam - i was not one of the criers) and LRW, I panic attack on the reg about contracts as I ran out of time due to missing a question on the first hypo (it was one sentence on a separate page) like a moron.
Last edited by blair.waldorf on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:08 am

blair.waldorf wrote: due to missing a question on the first hypo (it was one sentence on a separate page) like a moron.
OK that's just a dick move on your professor's part.

blair.waldorf

Bronze

Post by blair.waldorf » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:14 am

floatie wrote:
blair.waldorf wrote: due to missing a question on the first hypo (it was one sentence on a separate page) like a moron.
OK that's just a dick move on your professor's part.
eh he's a good guy and i could've been more careful but yeah it was annoying. I didn't see it until halfway through the second hypo and had to go back because it was worth way more than what the question I didn't quite finish was

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:29 am

blair.waldorf wrote: eh he's a good guy and i could've been more careful but yeah it was annoying. I didn't see it until halfway through the second hypo and had to go back because it was worth way more than what the question I didn't quite finish was
I wouldn't stress about it. I misread the word count on my contracts exam (thought it was 1500 when it was really 1200) and I had to scramble to cut out 300 words, which definitely cut into my multiple choice time :/

LawShopeful

New

Post by LawShopeful » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:47 am

Speaking of Fall grades. Did any of you have to submit them when you were applying for law school (after you already submitted your transcript/sent applications off) or did you just submit final transcripts at the end of the year after the admissions cycle and decisions were made?

My GPA dropped a little since Fall gaffes have come out. I’m not sure how much that matters since the GPA I applied with was good.

Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:55 am

LawShopeful wrote:Speaking of Fall grades. Did any of you have to submit them when you were applying for law school (after you already submitted your transcript/sent applications off) or did you just submit final transcripts at the end of the year after the admissions cycle and decisions were made?

My GPA dropped a little since Fall gaffes have come out. I’m not sure how much that matters since the GPA I applied with was good.

Thanks!
Hi - this forum is for discussion by law students only, and this question has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, so please just keep the discussion in the thread you created on the topic.

LawShopeful

New

Post by LawShopeful » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:11 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
LawShopeful wrote:Speaking of Fall grades. Did any of you have to submit them when you were applying for law school (after you already submitted your transcript/sent applications off) or did you just submit final transcripts at the end of the year after the admissions cycle and decisions were made?

Thanks!
Hi - this forum is for discussion by law students only, and this question has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, so please just keep the discussion in the thread you created on the topic.
No problem! My apology’s, I just wanted an answer and I figured that those having already gotten into law school would know for sure, and since you were disscussing Fall grades of another sort I thought I’d ask. However, I don’t want to get you guys off topic & I can see you don’t intend on actually answering the question. I sure hope this isn’t the type of attitude my peers have when I begin. Happy Holiday though! I hope everything works out and your grades were good :wink:

blair.waldorf

Bronze

Post by blair.waldorf » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:00 pm

basketofbread wrote:How does everyone think they did?

Feeling terrible because I made a fucking ridiculously stupid mistake on one question of my 12 short essay civ pro exam. Hoping it's possible to pull an A- given I picked up on the more subtle issues that anecdotally I know a few people missed. Hopefully the prof doesn't give me a straight zero for that question. Have no idea overall. It's a real shame.
i definitely feel this, but resorting to even thoughts of suicide isn't the answer. i definitely get the pressure of needing certain grades when you're dead set on a specific career goal (i had many cry sessions after exams and before over this), but it'll all be alright in the grand scheme of things. you also have another semester to kill it; anecdotal, but i know people who were below median first semester, figured out their mistakes, and were top 10% second semester.

and remember your exam doesn't have to be perfect, just better than your peers. it's definitely possible that many others missed what you did! try to stay positive (and i should take my own advice), and feel free to message me if you need to talk. i definitely understand what you're dealing with to some extent.
Last edited by blair.waldorf on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnMaynardKeynes

New

Post by JohnMaynardKeynes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Not sure how the wait until Jan 5 grades release will compare to the wait for LSAT results. I’m already anxious/nervous :|

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:55 pm

JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:Not sure how the wait until Jan 5 grades release will compare to the wait for LSAT results. I’m already anxious/nervous :|
It's the eve of Christmas Eve. Spend time with your family, friends, SO, etc. Stop thinking about grades. It's out of your control.

If you need to detach from your thoughts, try meditation, exercise, and/or video games.

This thread is really the worst. The person who made it is officially on the naughty list. Instead of coal, you can have a C in civpro, johnnysacks.
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnMaynardKeynes

New

Post by JohnMaynardKeynes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:22 pm

mcmand wrote:
JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:Not sure how the wait until Jan 5 grades release will compare to the wait for LSAT results. I’m already anxious/nervous :|
It's the eve of Christmas Eve. Spend time with your family, friends, SO, etc. Stop thinking about grades. It's out of your control.

If you need to detach from your thoughts, try meditation, exercise, and/or video games.

This thread is really the worst. The person who made it is officially on the naughty list. Instead of coal, you can have a C in civpro, johnnysacks.
Wise advice. I have a stack of books that didn’t get touched all semester so I’m going to dive into those, all of which are entirely non law related

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:22 pm

JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:Wise advice. I have a stack of books that didn’t get touched all semester so I’m going to dive into those, all of which are entirely non law related
Good plan. I didn't read much in law school until 3L. Regretted it once I realized how much I missed reading things that weren't cases or the news. I ended up reading Asimov's Foundation series, which is very good.
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnnysacks

New

Post by johnnysacks » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:00 pm

mcmand wrote:

HOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That was out of line! Don't put that evil on me mcmand. If you wanted me to commit suicide, pills are a lot easier

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:32 pm

johnnysacks wrote:I feel like Criminal Law was extremely straightforward. Not hard at all, a bit of a time crunch but overall all the questions were crystal clear to me. The issue with that is that everyone else probably thought so as well which makes the curve ultra tight.
This sounds like my crim final and based on your post history you were considering my school. I wonder if we are in the same section...

johnnysacks

New

Post by johnnysacks » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
johnnysacks wrote:I feel like Criminal Law was extremely straightforward. Not hard at all, a bit of a time crunch but overall all the questions were crystal clear to me. The issue with that is that everyone else probably thought so as well which makes the curve ultra tight.
This sounds like my crim final and based on your post history you were considering my school. I wonder if we are in the same section...
Oof! That's awkward for me lol. But yeah its possible, PM me. What do you think about the final?

NYCounsel

New

Post by NYCounsel » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:49 pm

I can relate to the feels in this thread, OP.

Criminal Law - I walked out feeling great. Then I was shaving, a day after the exam, when I suddenly asked myself "Did I do the causation and concurrence application?" I wrote out an incredibly beautiful, complete, clear rule statement for actus reus, mens rea, causation, and concurrence. My application for actus reus and mens rea was also incredibly well done. In my rule statement I was clear that concurrence depends on AR + MR at time of matter at issue, so if I did in fact forget to do an application for concurrence, I at least hope the rule statement on concurrence + AR & MR application saves me. I also drafted it to be clear that causation existed, and there was no dispute in the fact, but I only mentioned actual and proximate causation in the rule statement and didn't apply them. So suddenly I'm wondering whether my grade will be as good as I initially felt.

I anticipate fairly great results for Contracts, Constitutional Law, etc. But only time will tell, and time.... jeez. Why must we wait so long?

johnnysacks

New

Post by johnnysacks » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:59 am

NYCounsel wrote:I can relate to the feels in this thread, OP.

I anticipate fairly great results for Contracts, Constitutional Law, etc. But only time will tell, and time.... jeez. Why must we wait so long?

THIS!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT!!! PLEASE GOD LET THE GRADES COME SOON AND LET ME DO WELL!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”