Quimbee.com Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bmathers

Silver

Quimbee.com

Post by bmathers » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:52 am

My class was given access to Quimbee for free and it seems like a solid resource. Does anyone have an experience with this site? Is the information it gives accurate? It's a great break from reading, but I also want to make sure that I am not being led astray by any of the information.

Thanks

TEIAM

Bronze

Re: Quimbee.com

Post by TEIAM » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:24 am

bmathers wrote:My class was given access to Quimbee for free and it seems like a solid resource. Does anyone have an experience with this site? Is the information it gives accurate? It's a great break from reading, but I also want to make sure that I am not being led astray by any of the information.

Thanks
I used it quite a bit during law school and really liked it. It can be a valuable SECONDARY source but it cannot replace actually reading the case. I'd suggest reading the Quimbee write-up as a primer and then actually reading the case. There are a few reasons for this:
1. Some professors will quiz you on the details of a facts/law that Quimbee may not provide
2. The Quimbee write-up does not always cover the holding that your professor may be looking for
3. Reading the case will help you better understand the application of the law

Far too many times I watched classmates get flustered because they only read the synopsis from an online resource and couldn't answer the questions being asked. Don't be that person.

Ronan

Gold

Post by Ronan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:59 am

Quimbee was a life saver when I was in school. I'd read the cases and then jump over to quimbee to figure out what the case was about. I also used the videos to assist me in outlining. Solid resource that was well worth the cost.

muscleboundlaw

Bronze

Post by muscleboundlaw » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:41 pm

I have the full subscription. I enjoy it. I read it prior to reading the case, and believe this is the only way to use it. I also copy past the briefing and use it for class purposes, but I still read the cases in full detail.

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:59 pm

it'll get you through cold calls but as a first semester 1L, you need to be reading the cases.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”