Law School Essentials

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Legallylawyer2020

Bronze
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Law School Essentials

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm starting law school in two weeks (T1 if it matters). I've heard some people advise law students to get a second monitor for their computers and have sepecific back pack suggestions. I just was wondering what you all think are the "must haves" for law school, in terms of supplies. I think it would be useful to compile people's suggestions into one convenient thread :).

User avatar
lebongenre

Bronze
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:19 am

Re: Law School Essentials

Postby lebongenre » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Good day planner (I highly recommend the Planner Pad)
Solid highlighters in multiple colors (I like the chunky Sharpie ones)
Good mechanical pencil if you want to write in your books (I like the Sakura SumoGrip)
Post-it flags (ideally the durable plasticky kind)
Dry erase board

RaceJudicata

Gold
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: Law School Essentials

Postby RaceJudicata » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:44 pm

If it was t14 I'd spring for the extra monitor. T1 school prob not worth it.

User avatar
mjb447

Silver
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 am

Re: Law School Essentials

Postby mjb447 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:47 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:If it was t14 I'd spring for the extra monitor. T1 school prob not worth it.

I'd get one and aggressively bring it everywhere just to make my classmates wonder if they should do the same.

User avatar
UVA2B

Gold
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Law School Essentials

Postby UVA2B » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 pm

mjb447 wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:If it was t14 I'd spring for the extra monitor. T1 school prob not worth it.

I'd get one and aggressively bring it everywhere just to make my classmates wonder if they should do the same.


No lie, friend used a second monitor when coming up on finals, like brought it to study rooms, etc. Killed it, and forever made me regret not carrying around a spare 13" to maximize my gunning.

User avatar
mjb447

Silver
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 am

Re: Law School Essentials

Postby mjb447 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:53 pm

UVA2B wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:If it was t14 I'd spring for the extra monitor. T1 school prob not worth it.

I'd get one and aggressively bring it everywhere just to make my classmates wonder if they should do the same.


No lie, friend used a second monitor when coming up on finals, like brought it to study rooms, etc. Killed it, and forever made me regret not carrying around a spare 13" to maximize my gunning.

Sounds like a great friend!

(Opting to pass on a " spare 13" " joke here.)

User avatar
UVA2B

Gold
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Law School Essentials

Postby UVA2B » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:54 pm

mjb447 wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:If it was t14 I'd spring for the extra monitor. T1 school prob not worth it.

I'd get one and aggressively bring it everywhere just to make my classmates wonder if they should do the same.


No lie, friend used a second monitor when coming up on finals, like brought it to study rooms, etc. Killed it, and forever made me regret not carrying around a spare 13" to maximize my gunning.

Sounds like a great friend!

(Opting to pass on a " spare 13" " joke here.)


If I'm going to set something up on a tee for you, please smash a 300 yd drive with it. TYVM.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain

Gold
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Law School Essentials

Postby TheSpanishMain » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:I'm starting law school in two weeks (T1 if it matters). I've heard some people advise law students to get a second monitor for their computers and have sepecific back pack suggestions. I just was wondering what you all think are the "must haves" for law school, in terms of supplies. I think it would be useful to compile people's suggestions into one convenient thread :).


Whatever you're comfortable with. I know it helps you feel in control or whatever if you buy some specific combination of pens and backpacks, but really, the answer is whatever works for you.

grixxlybear99

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Law School Essentials

Postby grixxlybear99 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Coffee, laptop, printer, lots of printer paper. Maybe highlighters

Damage Over Time

Silver
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Law School Essentials

Postby Damage Over Time » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Comfortable/handy computer bag or backpack. You'll probably be lugging your computer around everywhere.


edit: a sweet water bottle can be pretty great too. I got a Hydro Flask for like $18 and it keeps cold cold and hot hot and is generally solid as a rock. Highly recommend.
Last edited by Damage Over Time on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runinthefront

Gold
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Post removed...

Postby runinthefront » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Post removed...



Return to “Forum for Law School Students�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests