Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Slytherpuff

Platinum
Posts: 5401
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Slytherpuff » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:22 pm

My last class isn't until May 2 and then I have three exams from May 8-11. I also have two papers to submit by May 16 (one is a 15-20 page memo and the other is 40ish pages or whatever 10,000 words ends up being).

So ready to be done!

lavarman84

Platinum
Posts: 7649
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby lavarman84 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:10 am

Slytherpuff wrote:My last class isn't until May 2 and then I have three exams from May 8-11. I also have two papers to submit by May 16 (one is a 15-20 page memo and the other is 40ish pages or whatever 10,000 words ends up being).

So ready to be done!


That's rough. You still at 0 pages on that long paper?

My last day of classes is 11 days away. Have two exams after that in early May. Crazy that we're so close.

User avatar
Slytherpuff

Platinum
Posts: 5401
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Slytherpuff » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 pm

lawman84 wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:My last class isn't until May 2 and then I have three exams from May 8-11. I also have two papers to submit by May 16 (one is a 15-20 page memo and the other is 40ish pages or whatever 10,000 words ends up being).

So ready to be done!


That's rough. You still at 0 pages on that long paper?

My last day of classes is 11 days away. Have two exams after that in early May. Crazy that we're so close.

Thankfully I've made some progress on the long paper! It's going to be a mess though. :lol:

User avatar
Nonconsecutive

Gold
Posts: 2398
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Young Marino wrote:I have 4 finals from April 18th- May 1st. Graduation is May 8th!


Noice

And dang, I'm barely even done with exams by the time you are graduating. That's also a fairly impressive grade turn around time for law profs, tbh.

User avatar
Young Marino

Silver
Posts: 1136
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Young Marino » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
Young Marino wrote:I have 4 finals from April 18th- May 1st. Graduation is May 8th!


Noice

And dang, I'm barely even done with exams by the time you are graduating. That's also a fairly impressive grade turn around time for law profs, tbh.

Yea I'm really eager to see if all grades will really be posted a week after my last one

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby cannibal ox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:40 pm

At UT the professor just tells the administration whether or not the 3L failed the class or not. If not, then the student graduates. Real grades are then entered later. I don't know if other schools do it this way, but I can't imagine that every professor has to produce grades within a week or whatever for classes with at least 1 graduating 3L.

User avatar
Slytherpuff

Platinum
Posts: 5401
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Slytherpuff » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:12 pm

cannibal ox wrote:At UT the professor just tells the administration whether or not the 3L failed the class or not. If not, then the student graduates. Real grades are then entered later. I don't know if other schools do it this way, but I can't imagine that every professor has to produce grades within a week or whatever for classes with at least 1 graduating 3L.

I feel like NYU is probably pretty similar to this. Finals end two days before commencement and there's just no way professors can turn grades around that quickly!

User avatar
nunumaster

Silver
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:11 am

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby nunumaster » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Damn i can't even imagine what would happen if i failed a class since I have exactly 83 credits.

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby cannibal ox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Take a summer class while studying for the bar?

User avatar
star fox

Diamond
Posts: 20786
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby star fox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Our graduation date is May 12th but our Conferral Date is not until June. So I think you could theoretically walk across the stage (do they do that?) in your cap and gown and then found out in June that you didn't actually graduate.

User avatar
Toubro

Bronze
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Toubro » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:36 pm

I've never heard of anyone not being able to graduate because of failing a 3L spring class (of courses I'm likely limited to stories from my own school). I have however heard that one time our administration fought back hard against a professor's attempt to fail a graduating 3L and won.

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby cannibal ox » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:35 pm

I may or may not have checked multiple times to make sure the professors I have now haven't failed anyone in previous years..

Last spring at UT there were 6 F's given in upper level classes (2Ls and 3Ls). The year before that was 4, and three years ago it was 10. So it isn't unheard of to get an F at my school, and I can't imagine the administration fighting for me if I failed a class, but I guess I'm cynical.

User avatar
nunumaster

Silver
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:11 am

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby nunumaster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:21 pm

cannibal ox wrote:I may or may not have checked multiple times to make sure the professors I have now haven't failed anyone in previous years..

Last spring at UT there were 6 F's given in upper level classes (2Ls and 3Ls). The year before that was 4, and three years ago it was 10. So it isn't unheard of to get an F at my school, and I can't imagine the administration fighting for me if I failed a class, but I guess I'm cynical.


Damn I can't imagine anyone failing at NYU unless they plagiarized or didn't take an exam/didn't hand in a paper.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive

Gold
Posts: 2398
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:29 pm

I checked and because I was a try-hard and took way more credits than necessary the last 3 semesters, I could fail 3/4 of my classes this semester and still graduate. I mean realistically that's not going to happen, but it was a nice rebellious thought to sail out of law school with 3 Fs in my last semester. :lol:

User avatar
Toubro

Bronze
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Toubro » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:43 pm

nunumaster wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:I may or may not have checked multiple times to make sure the professors I have now haven't failed anyone in previous years..

Last spring at UT there were 6 F's given in upper level classes (2Ls and 3Ls). The year before that was 4, and three years ago it was 10. So it isn't unheard of to get an F at my school, and I can't imagine the administration fighting for me if I failed a class, but I guess I'm cynical.


Damn I can't imagine anyone failing at NYU unless they plagiarized or didn't take an exam/didn't hand in a paper.


Same at Cornell

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby BigZuck » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:44 pm

nunumaster wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:I may or may not have checked multiple times to make sure the professors I have now haven't failed anyone in previous years..

Last spring at UT there were 6 F's given in upper level classes (2Ls and 3Ls). The year before that was 4, and three years ago it was 10. So it isn't unheard of to get an F at my school, and I can't imagine the administration fighting for me if I failed a class, but I guess I'm cynical.


Damn I can't imagine anyone failing at NYU unless they plagiarized or didn't take an exam/didn't hand in a paper.

#hookem

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby cannibal ox » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Hook 'em off the graduation stage and make 'em pay another 4 credits worth of tuition

User avatar
Young Marino

Silver
Posts: 1136
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Young Marino » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Anyone else just have 0 motivation to study for finals?

User avatar
nunumaster

Silver
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:11 am

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby nunumaster » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm considering going to London between my first final and my second/last final (which is PR). They're a week apart. I can just study on the plane and stuff right?

User avatar
star fox

Diamond
Posts: 20786
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby star fox » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Young Marino wrote:Anyone else just have 0 motivation to study for finals?

Writing a term paper is hard. I should have done this earlier when I had more desire.

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby cannibal ox » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:25 pm

star fox wrote:
Young Marino wrote:Anyone else just have 0 motivation to study for finals?

Writing a term paper is hard. I should have done this earlier when I had more desire.


Image

User avatar
Young Marino

Silver
Posts: 1136
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby Young Marino » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Today was the last day of class. Kind of an eerie feeling knowing that was my last class ever but I'm so glad it's over! Bittersweet because now I'm staring down the barrel that is bar prep

User avatar
nunumaster

Silver
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:11 am

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby nunumaster » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Congrats! 2 more weeks to go here.

User avatar
lsatyolo

Gold
Posts: 2403
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby lsatyolo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:40 am

Young Marino wrote:Anyone else just have 0 motivation to study for finals?


It's a crippling lack of motivation. I can barely study for my only final.

NoDayButToday

Silver
Posts: 1473
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Postby NoDayButToday » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 am

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Forum for Law School Students�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests