New Journal Publication -- Help I'm lost?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
EEPal

New

New Journal Publication -- Help I'm lost?

Postby EEPal » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:21 am

Has anyone started a law school journal (somewhat) recently? My school has LR and a single journal that was started a long time ago, so I have had difficulty finding someone to give guidance on the process. I am looking for general information/guidance on the publication process (both electronically through West/Lexis and/or hardcopy) - I also have questions about copyright (and by that I mean I have no clue what I'm talking about).

Any guidance or possible resources/references I could consult would be greatly appreciated.

axel.foley

Bronze

Re: New Journal Publication -- Help I'm lost?

Postby axel.foley » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:14 pm

These are things your school administration should help you with, or at the very least provide guidance. At my school, students running the journal are not directly involved in making sure copyrights are compliant and up to date, sending the material to West/Lexis, or finding a printer. Perhaps reach out to the e-board of the L Rev or the other journal and ask who for the contact info of the administration's liaison to the journals. Presumably, you will have to speak with the administration to be approved to start the journal anyways, and these logistics should be discussed at that point.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�