grading system at

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

grading system at

Postby nuseri134 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:59 pm

Last edited by nuseri134 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: grading system at Stanford

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:11 pm

nuseri134 wrote:to anyone that may be know, i'm curious about the grading system at stanford. i understand that there are no letter grades - it is only Honors/Pass/restricted Credit/Fail. I know that no one fails but i'm interesting in knowing how many people actually get restricted credit. i've got inconsistent responses on this from the people i've talked to about it, some saying they are basically never given out, others saying that they are given out only rarely (maybe to 4 or 5 students in each class each year), etc. i just want to know if stanford is more like yale, in which Rs are practically unheard of, or if stanford is like harvard, where low passes are given out regularly.

Rs are practically unheard of. A couple of professors are known for being okay with giving them, but they are certainly the exception, and the administration makes sure that they don't teach any 1L classes.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”