Best way to do finals last minute

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
salad.law

New

Best way to do finals last minute

Postby salad.law » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Hey all:

I am taking Professional Responsibility and Business Associations and Crim Pro. Since I am a 3L, I have not done ANYTHING. Literally. I have not gone to class nor did readings. What is the best way to go from here?

Should I read an outline, memorize the outline, and take practice tests?

Thankssss!

SeewhathappensLarry

Bronze

Re: Best way to do finals last minute

Postby SeewhathappensLarry » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:09 pm

salad.law wrote:Hey all:

I am taking Professional Responsibility and Business Associations and Crim Pro. Since I am a 3L, I have not done ANYTHING. Literally. I have not gone to class nor did readings. What is the best way to go from here?

Thankssss!

You've been doing your other exams wrong if this is the first time you've done nothing. I started doing nothing 2L year and my grades skyrocketed from 1L. I would take around 3 days per class to, like you said, read and memorize an outline and then do a couple practice problems or even a practice test if you want. I also like E&Es for some classes--the organization of those help me.

Sprezatura

New

Postby Sprezatura » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:05 am

What if you find yourself in a similar situation as a 1L due to illness? To be fair, I've done more than nothing, but am massively behind in half my classes. I need to teach myself Contracts and Crim in the next 2.5 weeks. :/

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Postby EncyclopediaOrange » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:58 pm

SeewhathappensLarry wrote:
salad.law wrote:Hey all:

Thankssss!

You've been doing your other exams wrong if this is the first time you've done nothing. I started doing nothing 2L year and my grades skyrocketed from 1L. I would take around 3 days per class to, like you said, read and memorize an outline and then do a couple practice problems or even a practice test if you want. I also like E&Es for some classes--the organization of those help me.

This gives me hope.

bacillusanthracis

New

Postby bacillusanthracis » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:32 am

Outlining bar essays gets me through. I checked out of Wills and Trusts about... 10 weeks ago and that's what I'm doing. It ain't gonna get me a 4... or a 3, but it's going to get the job done.

DJ2k15

New

Postby DJ2k15 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:30 am

Buy an outline from outline depot that is specific to your professor. Then condense that outline to 10% its original size. Supplement with practice tests.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�