PROPERTY CRAMMING

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ariannagriffinrin

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 am

PROPERTY CRAMMING

Postby ariannagriffinrin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:28 am

Hello!

My name is Arianna and I am in between 1L and 2L year (Part time, weekends.) I have a property exam and I wanted to know how late is too late? I am also taking Crim and con law 1 and I am freaked out. I work during the week for 80 hours and I think taking 3 classes was way too much for me. Anybody have any cramming advice for any of these classes? Mainly, property though, because I have the midterm this weekend and it's 25% of our grade. None of these exams are open note, sadly.

Thanks in advance :)

RaceJudicata

Gold
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: PROPERTY CRAMMING

Postby RaceJudicata » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:04 am

ariannagriffinrin wrote:Hello!

My name is Arianna and I am in between 1L and 2L year (Part time, weekends.) I have a property exam and I wanted to know how late is too late? I am also taking Crim and con law 1 and I am freaked out. I work during the week for 80 hours and I think taking 3 classes was way too much for me. Anybody have any cramming advice for any of these classes? Mainly, property though, because I have the midterm this weekend and it's 25% of our grade. None of these exams are open note, sadly.

Thanks in advance :)


not gonna comment on most of the absurdities of this post, but as far as cramming this close to an exam... read and re-read outline, and take a few gambles and eliminate topics that you don't think will be widely covered on the exam. This will give you less material to study. Probably better to have a good grasp of 60% of the material then have a weak grasp of 100% of the material.

ariannagriffinrin

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 am

Re: PROPERTY CRAMMING

Postby ariannagriffinrin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:12 am

RaceJudicata wrote:
ariannagriffinrin wrote:Hello!

My name is Arianna and I am in between 1L and 2L year (Part time, weekends.) I have a property exam and I wanted to know how late is too late? I am also taking Crim and con law 1 and I am freaked out. I work during the week for 80 hours and I think taking 3 classes was way too much for me. Anybody have any cramming advice for any of these classes? Mainly, property though, because I have the midterm this weekend and it's 25% of our grade. None of these exams are open note, sadly.

Thanks in advance :)


not gonna comment on most of the absurdities of this post, but as far as cramming this close to an exam... read and re-read outline, and take a few gambles and eliminate topics that you don't think will be widely covered on the exam. This will give you less material to study. Probably better to have a good grasp of 60% of the material then have a weak grasp of 100% of the material.



Thanks for your reply! I do appreciate it, but when you say absurdities? What exactly are you referring to?

RaceJudicata

Gold
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: PROPERTY CRAMMING

Postby RaceJudicata » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:20 am

That you work 80 hours per week and are taking a full-time (or close to it) course load on the weekends. More power to you, but when do you sleep?

ariannagriffinrin

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 am

Re: PROPERTY CRAMMING

Postby ariannagriffinrin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:31 am

RaceJudicata wrote:That you work 80 hours per week and are taking a full-time (or close to it) course load on the weekends. More power to you, but when do you sleep?


I am definitely not keeping up very well lol it's crazy! And if any student can not work and focus on school I HIGHLY recommend it! THANK YOU!!! :)

ariannagriffinrin

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 am

Re: PROPERTY CRAMMING

Postby ariannagriffinrin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:46 am

RaceJudicata wrote:That you work 80 hours per week and are taking a full-time (or close to it) course load on the weekends. More power to you, but when do you sleep?


I am definitely not keeping up very well lol it's crazy! And if any student can not work and focus on school I HIGHLY recommend it! THANK YOU!!! :)



Return to “Forum for Law School Students�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests