Pacing Advice--The Marathon Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TierForceOne

New

Pacing Advice--The Marathon

Post by TierForceOne » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Remember that it's a marathon folks. A fairly important one at that. Should be a slow burn of soaking in material, and putting it to practice...

We're halfway through the semester so I'd like to get a thread going on how you've been studying to this point, and your study plans leading up to finals. Also, what's been your favorite/least favorite classes.

Have been doing basic casebook reading, no supplements, and have been keeping up with outlining. Just ordered E&Es for Civ Pro, Contracts, and Torts. Have read a little bit ahead so I will have time to write when we have our big writing assignment in November.

Favorite classes: Torts, Contracts, Crim.
Least favorite classes: property, Civ Pro

wittywitless

Bronze

Re: Pacing Advice--The Marathon

Post by wittywitless » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:57 pm

I like the idea behind this thread.

It hit me somewhere about Week 5 that I had no idea what was going on. The last three weeks have been a little bit less scary, but I did not see that coming, especially because I felt mostly in control with the material before that.

At this point, I'm just working through the case book and distilling my class notes down into outlines. Midterms are happening for us this week, and I think I'm going to break out the E&E's once I get through those.

I like all of my classes at this point, but torts is terrifying me because there is less than half the semester left, and we're just not going to get through the syllabus unless we speed up big time.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”