MPRE November 2016

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
hollamcholla1

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:09 am

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby hollamcholla1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 pm

how do you know what score you need to pass?

User avatar
TheSpanishMain

Gold
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 pm

pvnyc wrote:Failed. 82. this was the third time I took the test. (Current 3L)
the first 2 times my score was in the 50s.


What do you need? 82 is passing for most states, I think.

Either way, keep your chin up. You're clearly making progress and I'm sure you'll get it next time.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2876
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 pm

hollamcholla1 wrote:how do you know what score you need to pass?


depends on your jurisdiction but i think the highest in the country is 85

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby cannibal ox » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:25 pm

hollamcholla1 wrote:how do you know what score you need to pass?


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multistat ... sing_score

buckiguy_sucks wrote:i think the highest in the country is 85


It's 86.

hollamcholla1

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:09 am

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby hollamcholla1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:27 pm

cannibal ox wrote:
hollamcholla1 wrote:how do you know what score you need to pass?


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multistat ... sing_score

buckiguy_sucks wrote:i think the highest in the country is 85


It's 86.


thx

User avatar
BuddyHoller

Bronze
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby BuddyHoller » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Passed, glad that's over. Still annoyed at barbri for leaving me thinking there was a legit chance i failed.

User avatar
pancakes3

Platinum
Posts: 6619
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby pancakes3 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:30 pm

SITTING PRETTY AT 87 I'M GOING TO LIVE FOREVER

User avatar
unsweetened

Silver
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby unsweetened » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:35 pm

Oh thank God. I was going to be super pissed if I had to retake that exam.

User avatar
AT9

Gold
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby AT9 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:54 pm

BuddyHoller wrote:Passed, glad that's over. Still annoyed at barbri for leaving me thinking there was a legit chance i failed.

pvnyc

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby pvnyc » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:12 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
pvnyc wrote:Failed. 82. this was the third time I took the test. (Current 3L)
the first 2 times my score was in the 50s.


What do you need? 82 is passing for most states, I think.

Either way, keep your chin up. You're clearly making progress and I'm sure you'll get it next time.


Hi, I needed an 85 for NY. This just makes my anxiety go up for the next exam.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive

Gold
Posts: 2398
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:14 pm

Passed - thanks to everyone in this thread (and to some Facebook posts) for letting me know scores were even out - otherwise I'd probably have sat around until tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone else who passed!

Also be sure to print out a copy (or Print to a .pdf) of your result, since NCBE doesn't leave your score up for very long for some reason.

User avatar
Vursz

Bronze
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby Vursz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:23 pm

Passed. Should not have spent the week before freaking out and doing both Barbri/Themis courses.

User avatar
sesto elemento

Gold
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby sesto elemento » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:24 pm

pancakes3 wrote:SITTING PRETTY AT 87 I'M GOING TO LIVE FOREVER

User avatar
unsweetened

Silver
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby unsweetened » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Also be sure to print out a copy (or Print to a .pdf) of your result, since NCBE doesn't leave your score up for very long for some reason.

Good call. I didn't know that.

oliv8518

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby oliv8518 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:15 pm

So is there anything else we need to do other than print the score?

User avatar
crumb cake

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:36 pm

.

Postby crumb cake » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:16 pm

.
Last edited by crumb cake on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive

Gold
Posts: 2398
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:20 pm

oliv8518 wrote:So is there anything else we need to do other than print the score?


To my knowledge nothing, they will automatically forward your results to the state you had previously indicated. If you need more than one state informed, you'll have to request that separately, but otherwise it's just keeping a copy for your records.

That said, I'd check and make sure you specific state has no wonky requirements beyond the NCBE just sending them your results.

User avatar
Slytherpuff

Platinum
Posts: 5401
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby Slytherpuff » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Congrats everyone!

grades??

Silver
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby grades?? » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Missed my jurisdiction by one point... well that sucks

User avatar
existentialcrisis

Bronze
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby existentialcrisis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:00 pm

I way overstudied. Pretty annoyed.

kenwash

Bronze
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby kenwash » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:35 pm

Since you took both Barbri and Themis, do you know which one you would prefer using to study for the bar?

Vursz wrote:Passed. Should not have spent the week before freaking out and doing both Barbri/Themis courses.

User avatar
Vursz

Bronze
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby Vursz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:48 pm

kenwash wrote:Since you took both Barbri and Themis, do you know which one you would prefer using to study for the bar?

Vursz wrote:Passed. Should not have spent the week before freaking out and doing both Barbri/Themis courses.


Leaning Barbri. The adaptive-question tool was really helpful (and if it's expensed to my firm, don't have to worry about the $).

Baller31

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby Baller31 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:49 pm

Passed this freaking test. Multiple choice has always been tricky for me. This is a testament to hard work and diligence this time around. Only a 92, but I will take it. Moving on to this California bar, a monster of a test.

msdiiva

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby msdiiva » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:50 pm

Why print? What would you need the printed score for? Is this just in case?

Nebby

Diamond
Posts: 31197
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: MPRE November 2016

Postby Nebby » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:02 pm

msdiiva wrote:Why print? What would you need the printed score for? Is this just in case?

For the refrigerator



Return to “Forum for Law School Students?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 22 guests