Difference between editorial board and articles editor

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goodman1

New

Difference between editorial board and articles editor

Postby goodman1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:51 am

Did not do law review but did do a secondary journal. A current 2L by the way. 3L year I have the option to be on the editorial board or be an articles editor.

What is the difference between being on the editorial board and being an articles editor?

Also, how does one gun to be on the editorial board? I guess gun hard as a 2L candidate? Or does it even matter due to it being an elected position?

Br3v

Gold

Re: Difference between editorial board and articles editor

Postby Br3v » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:48 am

goodman1 wrote:Did not do law review but did do a secondary journal. A current 2L by the way. 3L year I have the option to be on the editorial board or be an articles editor.

What is the difference between being on the editorial board and being an articles editor?

Also, how does one gun to be on the editorial board? I guess gun hard as a 2L candidate? Or does it even matter due to it being an elected position?

Usually editorial board is just what everyone is, and articles editor is a special position-like editor in chief, managing editor, article editors. There is probably an interview process at your journal. For hiring, it's probably marginally better to have a special position, but not by much unless it's editor in chief or managing editor.

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:25 am

Is the editorial board not made up of positions such as eic, submissions editor, articles editor, treasurer, etc?

goodman1

New

Postby goodman1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Good question. Now that I think about it everyone gets to be on the Ed board since the journal is so small. Just didn't know if an articles editor was an board pos.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�