Bid list help? low GPA at T20

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
westave

New

Bid list help? low GPA at T20

Postby westave » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:31 pm

edit -- removed.
Last edited by westave on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

still

Bronze

Re: Bid list help? low GPA at T20

Postby still » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:30 am

by low gpa do you mean below median?

if your school uses symplicity bid on the firms without gpa requirements on their hiring criteria (remember some elite firms dont have recommended gpas listed but are strict with them regardless so do outside research too).

A few of the firms seem to value foreign languages

you should have really done mock court or law review to make it look like at least you're dedicated

also, otherwise unremarkable t20 students with lower than hiring criteria gpa have been known to get callbacks and offers from big firms. However, this is very unlikely and most of the kids with median/below median grades that manage to get big law do so via mass-mailing or connections.

i guess dont let the fact that you struck out at OCI get you down and just mass mail

valen

Bronze

Postby valen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:16 am

Baker & Mckenzie posted a GPA requirement of 3.3 at my OCI, which is well below median at my school.

westave

New

Postby westave » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:15 am

Thanks both!

Valen -- cute puppy. :D

westave

New

Postby westave » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:17 am

still wrote:by low gpa do you mean below median?

if your school uses symplicity bid on the firms without gpa requirements on their hiring criteria (remember some elite firms dont have recommended gpas listed but are strict with them regardless so do outside research too).

A few of the firms seem to value foreign languages

you should have really done mock court or law review to make it look like at least you're dedicated

also, otherwise unremarkable t20 students with lower than hiring criteria gpa have been known to get callbacks and offers from big firms. However, this is very unlikely and most of the kids with median/below median grades that manage to get big law do so via mass-mailing or connections.

i guess dont let the fact that you struck out at OCI get you down and just mass mail

Appreciate the feedback, thank you! My resume is actually excellent, and my summer employer has told me that I'm doing great work so far so fingers crossed for a good letter of rec. We'll just see what happens, if OCI doesn't work out there are 2 more years and plenty of opportunities to turn things around.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�