Change conditional scholarship after 1L year?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
terpiscore

New

Change conditional scholarship after 1L year?

Postby terpiscore » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:54 pm

Does anyone know if it's normal for schools to offer more scholarships or take stipulations off of conditional scholarships after the first year? Some 3L at my school told me that there are scholarship opportunities from the school after 1L year, but I've never heard anything about that from anyone else. I'm at a regional T2 and am cool with it, because I still have my scholarship (practically full ride, in the top 5% after 1L year) and want to be here and all, but when I think about it, it is actually really annoying to have to worry about being in the top 1/3 of my class.

I was a little naive or just clueless about the rest of the country/law world when I applied because I got my scholarship letter and it said it was conditional after the first year and I just thought that most schools probably do that. Ha. But yeah, has anyone else's school changed scholarships after first year?

EDIT: Just noticed a similar scholarship thread going on in this forum atm, but if anyone still has specific experiences with conditional scholarships after 1L year, feel free to share it. I'm going to read that other thread too.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�