Transfer Student OCI Strategy Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
monalisa

New

Transfer Student OCI Strategy

Post by monalisa » Wed May 25, 2016 4:20 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by monalisa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pancakes3

Platinum

Re: Transfer Student OCI Strategy

Post by pancakes3 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:45 pm

monalisa wrote:I am a rising 3L evening student participating in OCI this summer. I transferred this past semester to a top 25 school and received a 4.0. My previous GPA was a 3.26 from a T2. Just wondering what you all would do in terms of having this discrepancy in grades? Should I put both GPAs on my resume and submit both transcripts from the get-go to come clean and be clear from the outset, or just put my 4.0 on my resume only and submit that transcript to only tell them about my 3.26 and the other transcript if they ask? What would be a good way to explain my situation? Honestly, my grades from my last school were so much lower because I didn't like the school, felt hopeless about my prospects (didn't even expect to transfer), and didn't work hard / read very much / attend very many classes. It's not a great thing to say, but I was just very short-sighted and didn't have enough faith in even my transition to the legal field (from a lucrative job in finance), although the truth really is that the 3.26 does not show my true capability. How would you guys approach this?
with GPA, C&F, and just about everything else - always fully disclose. they're going to find out one way or another. own your failures like you would own your successes.

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Wed May 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”