Property - Supplements Advice 2015

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Bruce W. 1991

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Property - Supplements Advice 2015

Postby Bruce W. 1991 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Can anyone recommend the best supplements for Property?

Thanks in advance!

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud

Platinum
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: Property - Supplements Advice 2015

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:00 pm

I found Crunchtime to be helpful

User avatar
m27

Bronze
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: Property - Supplements Advice 2015

Postby m27 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:30 pm

I used several Property supplements and some worked better than others.

Crunchtime and the Edwards' Estates and Future Interests book were by far the best. The Gilbert's law summary and E&E were average- they are worth a skim and for clarification if you can get them for free.

merlin-

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Property - Supplements Advice 2015

Postby merlin- » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:05 pm

m27 wrote:I used several Property supplements and some worked better than others.

Crunchtime and the Edwards' Estates and Future Interests book were by far the best. The Gilbert's law summary and E&E were average- they are worth a skim and for clarification if you can get them for free.

Interesting. Everyone says Gilbert's for Property is by far the best one. You really thought it was average? How come?

User avatar
m27

Bronze
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: Property - Supplements Advice 2015

Postby m27 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:07 pm

merlin- wrote:
m27 wrote:I used several Property supplements and some worked better than others.

Crunchtime and the Edwards' Estates and Future Interests book were by far the best. The Gilbert's law summary and E&E were average- they are worth a skim and for clarification if you can get them for free.

Interesting. Everyone says Gilbert's for Property is by far the best one. You really thought it was average? How come?

I should have said it was "average" in its utility for my particular course/learning style. Some materials may work better than others depending on the professor, your learning style, and the final exam itself, which I why I recommend borrowing or buying used supplements for cheap to see what works.

It was definitely a good supplement when I needed to fill in my outline's gaps early in the semester. But I found this outline gap-filling to be more effective when I did it alongside my professor and study group, since Gilberts is very thorough and might contain material that you didn't cover (which runs the risk of confusion or over-complicating topics). On the other hand, Crunchtime and the Edwards books reinforced my understanding of the material very well. Also, because my final exam was open-book, my "outline" was 90% pre-writes and was not in the Gilbert outline format- so Crunchtime helped me write stronger pre-writes.

Bruce W. 1991

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Property - Supplements Advice 2015

Postby Bruce W. 1991 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:35 am

m27 wrote:
merlin- wrote:
m27 wrote:I used several Property supplements and some worked better than others.

Crunchtime and the Edwards' Estates and Future Interests book were by far the best. The Gilbert's law summary and E&E were average- they are worth a skim and for clarification if you can get them for free.

Interesting. Everyone says Gilbert's for Property is by far the best one. You really thought it was average? How come?

I should have said it was "average" in its utility for my particular course/learning style. Some materials may work better than others depending on the professor, your learning style, and the final exam itself, which I why I recommend borrowing or buying used supplements for cheap to see what works.

It was definitely a good supplement when I needed to fill in my outline's gaps early in the semester. But I found this outline gap-filling to be more effective when I did it alongside my professor and study group, since Gilberts is very thorough and might contain material that you didn't cover (which runs the risk of confusion or over-complicating topics). On the other hand, Crunchtime and the Edwards books reinforced my understanding of the material very well. Also, because my final exam was open-book, my "outline" was 90% pre-writes and was not in the Gilbert outline format- so Crunchtime helped me write stronger pre-writes.


What books do recommend that also include MC questions? Does Gilberts or Crunchtime have this? I checked but didn't see it in the summary.

I am thinking of getting the Emanuel Law Outline keyed to my casebook and Crunchtime.

But MC is a major component of my test and also my weakest area (in my opinion). What do you you all recommend?

User avatar
m27

Bronze
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: Property - Supplements Advice 2015

Postby m27 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Bruce W. 1991 wrote:But MC is a major component of my test and also my weakest area (in my opinion). What do you you all recommend?

For MC practice, I heard Questions & Answers and Siegel's Property were good.

I have no experience with either, but I used the Q&A series for ConLaw and it was great.

merlin-

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Property - Supplements Advice 2015

Postby merlin- » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:19 pm

m27 wrote:
merlin- wrote:
m27 wrote:I used several Property supplements and some worked better than others.

Crunchtime and the Edwards' Estates and Future Interests book were by far the best. The Gilbert's law summary and E&E were average- they are worth a skim and for clarification if you can get them for free.

Interesting. Everyone says Gilbert's for Property is by far the best one. You really thought it was average? How come?

I should have said it was "average" in its utility for my particular course/learning style. Some materials may work better than others depending on the professor, your learning style, and the final exam itself, which I why I recommend borrowing or buying used supplements for cheap to see what works.

It was definitely a good supplement when I needed to fill in my outline's gaps early in the semester. But I found this outline gap-filling to be more effective when I did it alongside my professor and study group, since Gilberts is very thorough and might contain material that you didn't cover (which runs the risk of confusion or over-complicating topics). On the other hand, Crunchtime and the Edwards books reinforced my understanding of the material very well. Also, because my final exam was open-book, my "outline" was 90% pre-writes and was not in the Gilbert outline format- so Crunchtime helped me write stronger pre-writes.


That makes sense. Gilbert indeed does cover a lot.

You decided to do pre-writes? Why?



Return to “Forum for Law School Students�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests