advice to see if the firm where I intern will hire me.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

advice to see if the firm where I intern will hire me.

Postby lawclerk3412 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:22 pm

I have been working at the law firm I am currently at since the beginning of the year. I work as a law clerk. I mainly do research and writing. My writing assignments include memos to counsel, motions, pleadings, and treatment outlines. I have received only positive reviews; nothing negative, only minor clerical changes, if that.

I am going to graduate in December and take the February Bar.

Lately many people, at work and outside of work, have asked me if I am going to stay after I graduate. My answer: "I don't know, but I hope so"

I am not sure if my graduation date is too far away, but I would like to see where I stand at this point (far off, on track, definitely will receive offer, etc). At this point, what is the best way of going about this? I know I need to earn my place and demonstrate my abilities through my work product. How would you guys approach this? What questions would you ask?

Thank you
Last edited by lawclerk3412 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: advice to see if the firm where I intern will hire me.

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:32 pm

Based on your post, it seems as if FA will hire you as an associate. Starting salary, if I have guessed the right firm, is $50,000 & involves mindless reading & interpretation of medical records.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”