What the hell do I do?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
notsogood32

What the hell do I do?

Postby notsogood32 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:30 pm

Just finished 1L at a T2 and recieved all of my grades back today. Finished around median, possibly slightly below (don't have this year's class rankings/GPA yet) but extremely disappointed in the results.

I'm incurring no debt and never really wanted biglaw. At the end of the day, practice area doesn't matter too much to me as long as I can earn a living wage. Where do I go from here? Am I completely fucked?

CanadianWolf

Re: What the hell do I do?

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:34 pm

You might be surprised at how far one's class rank can rise or fall after the first year of law school. Nevertheless, you are probably out of luck for the Fall OCI due to your below median performance for law firms seeking top grades. Many legal positions are not concerned about class rank & grades. Demonstrated interest (DA, PD & PI) & bar membership become quite important for those missing out on OCI opportunities.

Traynor Brah

Postby Traynor Brah » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:40 pm

You were supposed to choose your school by planning for a median outcome.

Get hustling.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Find a niche practice and start building your resume for that.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”