Big citation error in LRW final

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ConfusedL1

Big citation error in LRW final

Postby ConfusedL1 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:19 pm

This is neurotic, but I just realized I short-cited a LOT of times forgetting that I had to have cited a case within the last 5 cases. I probably did it several times. Do you think it will count off much? Anyone do something similar?

POTUSorSCOTUS

Re: Big citation error in LRW final

Postby POTUSorSCOTUS » Mon May 18, 2015 9:43 pm

you're screwed. GL on 2ndary

KD35

Postby KD35 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:52 pm

ConfusedL1 wrote:This is neurotic, but I just realized I short-cited a LOT of times forgetting that I had to have cited a case within the last 5 cases. I probably did it several times. Do you think it will count off much? Anyone do something similar?

Was your LRW final a law review article? I think the last 5 only applies to LR articles, which is why it is only in the "white pages" of the BB.

ConfusedL1

Postby ConfusedL1 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:41 am

KD35 wrote:
ConfusedL1 wrote:This is neurotic, but I just realized I short-cited a LOT of times forgetting that I had to have cited a case within the last 5 cases. I probably did it several times. Do you think it will count off much? Anyone do something similar?

Was your LRW final a law review article? I think the last 5 only applies to LR articles, which is why it is only in the "white pages" of the BB.

You are totally right. It wasn't a LR article. Thanks for making me feel better! haha :P

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”