Closed Book PR

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TFALAWL

Closed Book PR

Postby TFALAWL » Sun May 03, 2015 12:02 am

The teacher's kind of a douche for doing this (he announced the "new test" halfway through the semester once it was too late to drop)

Goal: Tuesday. I haven't started studying (or learning). I have: 1. outline from last year 2. Emmanuel crunch. 3. Lexis Q&A

If I go ballistic on Sunday and Monday, do you think I can phone in a median? I technically have until Friday, but this shit is just too horrible, I need it off my chest.

banjo

Re: Closed Book PR

Postby banjo » Sun May 03, 2015 2:53 am

Definitely. Reading the Model Rules + comments only takes a couple hours, so I might even start with that. I predict B+.

dwyf

Postby dwyf » Sun May 03, 2015 9:33 am

Should be plenty of time. My one other suggestion might be flash cards, given that it's closed book.

Do your studying now, then just drill rule numbers for 20-30min each day the rest of the week.

Capitol_Idea

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sun May 03, 2015 11:29 am

The main tricky points I recall are 1.7/1.9/1.13 duties to clients/former clients, and when you 'may' vs. 'must' withdraw/report/etc. for illicit client/fellow-attorney conduct.

Overall just drill the model rules - they are fairly straightforward and a number of them are functionally useless and unlikely to come up on an exam.

In a nutshell: Don't commit crimes or help anyone else do so. Don't sleep with clients. Don't steal their money. A+

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”