A Most Sincere Middle Finger to Fake ADHD Law Students

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Outis Onoma

Re: A Most Sincere Middle Finger to Fake ADHD Law Students

Postby Outis Onoma » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:32 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:
Birdnals wrote: Class of 2017 there just collectively blows there.

Yeah the TLS wustlers are coming off worse in my opinion than the school. They honestly seem like a bunch of striver tattle-tells.

Blame the c/o 2017 WUSTL posters. I didn't know about any of this during my 3L year until I heard about it on TLS.

JohannDeMann

Postby JohannDeMann » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Outis Onoma wrote:
JohannDeMann wrote:
Birdnals wrote: Class of 2017 there just collectively blows there.

Yeah the TLS wustlers are coming off worse in my opinion than the school. They honestly seem like a bunch of striver tattle-tells.

Blame the c/o 2017 WUSTL posters. I didn't know about any of this during my 3L year until I heard about it on TLS.

that's exactly what I was doing by quoting Birdnals.

grizz20

Postby grizz20 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:11 pm

I knew one person who had time and a half. He seriously over-analyzed every single thing. While he may have jumped from what would have been bottom 10 to bottom 30 (just guessing from what he told about his grades), I felt really bad for him.

If people are lying and getting into top 10% or even top 1/3 because of it, that is a different story. I could be wrong but I doubt this is prevalent.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:01 pm

grizz20 wrote:I knew one person who had time and a half. He seriously over-analyzed every single thing. While he may have jumped from what would have been bottom 10 to bottom 30 (just guessing from what he told about his grades), I felt really bad for him.

If people are lying and getting into top 10% or even top 1/3 because of it, that is a different story. I could be wrong but I doubt this is prevalent.

It depends on what you mean by "prevalent." When I was in law school, I had two acquaintances who got extra time on exams due to ADHD. Both got excellent grades and one even ended up clerking on the Supreme Court. Based on my limited experience, and based on stories I've heard from friends at other law schools, there are students in the top 10% who benefit from extra-time accommodations. Perhaps it's not prevalent, but I wouldn't exactly call it rare.

grizz20

Postby grizz20 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:25 pm

^^^Damn. Okay. That's effed.

UnicornHunter

Postby UnicornHunter » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:43 pm

If I was a prof in LS I just wouldn't give time-limited exams if I had anyone need an exemption. Or, like, I'd give 8 hour take homes that you only needed 3 hours to write.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Word limit exams seem a lot more fair.

I wonder how much of this bullshit will happen in C/O 2018 here at WUSTL. I can think of maybe 3 people off the top of my head that are probably gonna do this.

At the very least for the C+F for the bar there should be a question about misrepresenting a disability (injury, ADHD, etc.) for an advantage on an exam. That way, if you answer in the negative, you at least are royally fucked later down the line, and if you answer in the affirmative, you don't get a job cause you're a cheating shit.

Oh, you magically got ADHD after a piss-poor performance 1st semester, and then got straight As 2nd semester? Oh, you broke your arm but there are no x-rays or records of a hospital visit?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Does anyone actually fake physical injury? Not sure how that's going to help you.

seashell.economy

Postby seashell.economy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:38 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Does anyone actually fake physical injury? Not sure how that's going to help you.

My school uses the honor code, so doctor's notes aren't required. Might be good if schools got hip to this and actually started requiring notes...
Last edited by seashell.economy on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giddy-Up

Postby Giddy-Up » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Of course if you break both your arms it leads to some great mom stories

JonTheMandamus

Postby JonTheMandamus » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:51 pm

Getting a doctor's diagnosis for ADHD is relatively easy in some states. You just script the behaviors you need to say.

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:20 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

seashell.economy

Postby seashell.economy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:58 am

TheUnicornHunter wrote:If I was a prof in LS I just wouldn't give time-limited exams if I had anyone need an exemption. Or, like, I'd give 8 hour take homes that you only needed 3 hours to write.

This is honestly so simple and brilliant.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:33 am

Giddy-Up wrote:Of course if you break both your arms it leads to some great mom stories

Wait is no one gonna touch this one

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:46 am

Danger Zone wrote:
Giddy-Up wrote:Of course if you break both your arms it leads to some great mom stories

Wait is no one gonna touch this one

Well, Mom is gonna have to, that's the point. 8)

UnicornHunter

Postby UnicornHunter » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:04 am

seashell.economy wrote:
TheUnicornHunter wrote:If I was a prof in LS I just wouldn't give time-limited exams if I had anyone need an exemption. Or, like, I'd give 8 hour take homes that you only needed 3 hours to write.

The problem is th curve but you solve that by either a) asking genuinely hard questions or b) imposing a strict word limit.

SmokeyBar

Postby SmokeyBar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:52 pm

seashell.economy wrote:

I've had several professors do this. It should be standard procedure for this situation.

pleadthafif

Post removed...

Postby pleadthafif » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Post removed...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”