A Most Sincere Middle Finger to Fake ADHD Law Students

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
chuckbass

Re: A Most Sincere Middle Finger to Fake ADHD Law Students

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:21 pm

PourMeTea wrote:I kind of hope people don't attend this institution in the future, and instead retake or at least find full rides. To answer your question, almost all my friends are transferring. I very much hope the ones that stay find success, and it's highly unlikely that any of this has an impact on their employability, so no, I don't feel shitty

This.

papercut

Postby papercut » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:23 pm

chuckbass wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:I kind of hope people don't attend this institution in the future, and instead retake or at least find full rides. To answer your question, almost all my friends are transferring. I very much hope the ones that stay find success, and it's highly unlikely that any of this has an impact on their employability, so no, I don't feel shitty

This.

What's so bad about the law school itself? All the major nonsense I've read in this thread was student driven. Maybe part of the problem is this type of scorched earth attitude.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:38 pm

papercut wrote:
chuckbass wrote:

This.

What's so bad about the law school itself? All the major nonsense I've read in this thread was student driven. Maybe part of the problem is this type of scorched earth attitude.

I mean I have problems personally with the administration for how they handled a witch hunt during the first semester.

runinthefront

Postby runinthefront » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:39 pm

rpupkin wrote:
runinthefront wrote:You guys have completely trashed WUSTL's rep on TLS (more so than objective data does)

Do you ever feel shitty about doing so, considering some of your friends may still be attending? Or do all transfers assume they weren't a part of the shitty culture problem?

Working lawyers (outside of a few freaks like me) don't read this forum and won't know about any of this. And even if all this stuff got on ATL, lawyers would just think that law students are being law students.

As for prospective students, a few might read these threads and shy away from choosing WUSTL because of them. But collective memories are short. I mean, Latham decimated its first-year associate class in 2009, ruining hundreds of careers. Two years later, everyone wanted to work there again BECAUSE VAULT.

This is very true. Valid point

PourMeTea

Postby PourMeTea » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:40 pm

papercut wrote:
chuckbass wrote:

This.

the current administration is awful for a number of reasons, and this also affected 1L grades.

runinthefront

Postby runinthefront » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:43 pm

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it may be less of a WUSTL problem as a whole and more of a c/o 2017 problem. I don't think I'd want to attend school with at least half of the outgoing WUSTL students who post on TLS.

I'm sure a huge class size has something to do with the problem but shit like 1/5 of the posts on TLS now are concerning WUSTTTL

Jmart082

Postby Jmart082 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:46 pm

runinthefront wrote:I guess what I'm trying to say is that it may be less of a WUSTL problem as a whole and more of a c/o 2017 problem. I don't think I'd want to attend school with at least half of the outgoing WUSTL students who post on TLS.

I'm sure a huge class size has something to do with the problem but shit like 1/5 of the posts on TLS now are concerning WUSTTTL

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:14 am

The new dean sucks and is actively running the school in the ground.

But for what it's worth wustl was awesome for my time there and I'm glad i chose it over the 3 other schools I was deciding between. Class of 2017 there just collectively blows there. Idk why they sucked so much, but they did.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:45 am

Trying to follow all this WUSTL drama on TLS is exhausting

Capitol_Idea

Postby Capitol_Idea » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:47 am

Birdnals wrote:But for what it's worth wustl was awesome for my time there and I'm glad i chose it over the 3 other schools I was deciding between.

No KU regrets?

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:48 am

Capitol_Idea wrote:
Birdnals wrote:But for what it's worth wustl was awesome for my time there and I'm glad i chose it over the 3 other schools I was deciding between.

No KU regrets?

I wasn't kU law material :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

registering

Postby registering » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:03 pm

As long as WUSTL continues to make it rain with enormous schollies it'll probably be ok. It's a different issue whether that's in any way sustainable though.

PourMeTea

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:07 pm

registering wrote:As long as WUSTL continues to make it rain with enormous schollies it'll probably be ok. It's a different issue whether that's in any way sustainable though.

wustl has a massive endowment and quite a few people willing to pay sticker, so probably

JohannDeMann

Postby JohannDeMann » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Birdnals wrote: Class of 2017 there just collectively blows there.

Yeah the TLS wustlers are coming off worse in my opinion than the school. They honestly seem like a bunch of striver tattle-tells.

PourMeTea

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:46 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:

Yeah the TLS wustlers are coming off worse in my opinion than the school. They honestly seem like a bunch of striver tattle-tells.

can we get xael's PR manager in here?

Xael's PR Manager

Postby Xael's PR Manager » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:18 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
JohannDeMann wrote:

can we get xael's PR manager in here?

I am not taking new clients at the moment, but please feel free to contact me in 30-to-60-days-with-good-behavior.

---------
Inmate No. 867514A125
Public Relations Manager on behalf of Xael on Big Brother 3
ClientsFirst Public Relations

(e): xaelinfo@ClientsFirstPR.net
(c): (347) 689-1270

@Xael_BigBrother3
www.top-PR-managers.com/forums
Putting our clients before ourselves--always.

runinthefront

Postby runinthefront » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:21 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:

This, basically.

smaug

Postby smaug » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:27 pm

can we have a deathmatch between the wustl transfers and those staying?

or did the transfers already win that, thus they get to leave the WUSTL THUNDERZONE ??

chingwoo

Postby chingwoo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:35 pm

smaug wrote:can we have a deathmatch between the wustl transfers and those staying?

or did the transfers already win that, thus they get to leave the WUSTL THUNDERZONE ??

People staying would win. Only tlsers who would be of consequence would be K.s. and T.

smaug

Postby smaug » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:38 pm

wustl seems like a hellscape devoid of social norms so idk if anyone who continues to be trapped there can be considered a winner

people who transfer out are transfer scum

lose-lose proposition it seems

y'all should have gone to fordham or something

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:38 pm

chingwoo wrote:
smaug wrote:can we have a deathmatch between the wustl transfers and those staying?

People staying would win. Only tlsers who would be of consequence would be K.s. and T.

:|

Jmart082

Postby Jmart082 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:40 pm

smaug wrote:wustl seems like a hellscape devoid of social norms so idk if anyone who continues to be trapped there can be considered a winner

people who transfer out are transfer scum

lose-lose proposition it seems

y'all should have gone to fordham or something

This is great, actually

smaug

Postby smaug » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:41 pm

all of my wustl posting has been great tyvm

please participate in our trade discussions

KMart

Postby KMart » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Reading this thread, I'm glad I missed this boat and all the drama.

stugotz

Postby stugotz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:50 pm

runinthefront wrote:
JohannDeMann wrote:

This, basically.

Second.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”