A Most Sincere Middle Finger to Fake ADHD Law Students

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
aretoodeetoo

Re: A Most Sincere Middle Finger to Fake ADHD Law Students

Postby aretoodeetoo » Sun May 17, 2015 5:26 am

i remember this with fondness and wonder why i didn't do it. doesn't everyone have adhd or add now to a certain extent? plus out of 10 people who "for sure don't have adhd" and are getting more time, there's gotta be one guy who "really does" have adhd. can't just jump to conclusions like they're faking it. although... i think they're faking it.

Jmart082

Postby Jmart082 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:20 am

Wow. Just found this gem. LOVE IT.

papercut

Postby papercut » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:36 am

Sticking around for more WUSTL drama. :shock:

trey ohh five

Postby trey ohh five » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

great thread is great

sandwhich

Postby sandwhich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:40 pm

Dunno if this was ever addressed to OP (because tl;dr) but the curve doesn't "adjust" for 2L OCI when people transfer out. It's not like you suddenly didn't compete against them in 1L. Just sayin'

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:47 pm

sandwhich wrote:Dunno if this was ever addressed to OP (because tl;dr) but the curve doesn't "adjust" for 2L OCI when people transfer out. It's not like you suddenly didn't compete against them in 1L. Just sayin'

Curve doesn't adjust, but the (more important) grade cut-offs do, if I understand correctly.

ex: Top 1/3 goes from 3.55 to 3.50 because a bunch of people leave within the previous top 1/3.

sandwhich

Postby sandwhich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:Dunno if this was ever addressed to OP (because tl;dr) but the curve doesn't "adjust" for 2L OCI when people transfer out. It's not like you suddenly didn't compete against them in 1L. Just sayin'

Curve doesn't adjust, but the (more important) grade cut-offs do, if I understand correctly.

ex: Top 1/3 goes from 3.55 to 3.50 because a bunch of people leave within the previous top 1/3.

Sorry I was unclear, what you're getting at is what I'm referring to. I only know this because at my old school (i'm a transfer) the rankings don't adjust. I.e. people who were border line top 10% didn't get bumped into the top 10% for OCI after people transferred.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:40 pm

sandwhich wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:

Sorry I was unclear, what you're getting at is what I'm referring to. I only know this because at my old school (i'm a transfer) the rankings don't adjust. I.e. people who were border line top 10% didn't get bumped into the top 10% for OCI after people transferred.

Well this thread is pretty much about WUSTL scandals at this point, not your old school. And how your old school does it isn't how wustl does it. So with all due respect (and I do mean ALL do respect) shut your dumb transfer mouth.

sandwhich

Postby sandwhich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Birdnals wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:

Well this thread is pretty much about WUSTL scandals at this point, not your old school. And how your old school does it isn't how wustl does it. So with all due respect (and I do mean ALL do respect) shut your dumb transfer mouth.

More of what makes WUSTL so great right here lol. No wonder their students are so happy there!

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:06 pm

sandwhich wrote:More of what makes WUSTL so great right here lol. No wonder their students are so happy there!

Leave it to a transfer to not understand obvious sarcasm. Ugh, transfers.

sandwhich

Postby sandwhich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Birdnals wrote:
sandwhich wrote:More of what makes WUSTL so great right here lol. No wonder their students are so happy there!

Reppin' my block, son. :wink:

#massexodus

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:16 pm

I know all the 1L drama definitely factored into me leaving wustl after this year.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:20 pm

sandwhich wrote:
Birdnals wrote:

Reppin' my block, son. :wink:

#massexodus

You're a nice poster but fwiw you made a dumb post (again, what your school does has no bearing on what wustl does) and also you can't use #massexodus I'm sorry.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Birdnals wrote:I know all the 1L drama definitely factored into me leaving wustl after this year.

Come visit me and tea plz

sandwhich

Postby sandwhich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:28 pm

chuckbass wrote:You're a nice poster but fwiw you made a dumb post (again, what your school does has no bearing on what wustl does) and also you can't use #massexodus I'm sorry.

lol I don't disagree, just thought something was common practice that apparently isn't

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:29 pm

sandwhich wrote:
chuckbass wrote:You're a nice poster but fwiw you made a dumb post (again, what your school does has no bearing on what wustl does) and also you can't use #massexodus I'm sorry.

lol I don't disagree, just thought something was common practice that apparently isn't

WUSTL changing the cutoffs is the anomaly I think, but is kind of necessary when you lose 10% of the class.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:32 pm

chuckbass wrote:
Birdnals wrote:I know all the 1L drama definitely factored into me leaving wustl after this year.

If I am around y'alls metro in the next 2 years I will for sure hit you up.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Birdnals wrote:
chuckbass wrote:

If I am around y'alls metro in the next 2 years I will for sure hit you up.

Yeeeeee. Ok well I know I speak for the two of us when I say I can guarantee you we will never be back to Missourah so this is on you.

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:49 pm

I thought cutoffs weren't changing this year.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:05 pm

:lol:

and good riddance :wink:

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:17 pm

LET'S GET IT wrote:I thought cutoffs weren't changing this year.

Why wouldn't they?

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:22 pm

chuckbass wrote:
LET'S GET IT wrote:I thought cutoffs weren't changing this year.

Why wouldn't they?

Yeah, it would be pretty dumb not to unless somebody is making them stop. It makes the people who stay at wustl and affect the school's future rankings look better on paper for employers. Which will help rankings, which pretty much every law school is obsessed with trying to game.

Probably one of the smartest things the school has done in recent memory.

EvelynS

Postby EvelynS » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Wow! This is the first time I hear about extra time. I knew that using prescription medications for people with ADHD by people w/o it was a pretty common thing in T14 law schools. When you are graded on a curve, some people wanted to get ahead by being able to focus on studying for the exams for hours and hours w/o sleep. As far as I know, these people did considerably well for themselves. Set aside all the arguments about fairness and potential side effects of such practice, I think asking for extra time was bound to happen at some point. Law schools and legal field in general seem to promote competitiveness, and no one really cares how "fair" the competition is as long as no one knows about it. Very sad, but unfortunately true.

registering

Postby registering » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:33 pm

How many WUSTLers are confirmed to be leaving so far

PourMeTea

Postby PourMeTea » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Birdnals wrote:

i had to transfer because birdals is a bully

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”