A Most Sincere Middle Finger to Fake ADHD Law Students Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
monsterman

Bronze

Re: A Most Sincere Middle Finger to Fake ADHD Law Students

Post by monsterman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:48 pm

RE the free beer--UVA was providing free beer with a weekly keg on thursday afternoons...but then the main grounds decided that because of all the shit that has happened with the undergrads this year they should save face in every way imaginable and target a professional school and moved that keg to friday afternoons when no one is there and limits one beer an hour. sooo at least you guys have the free beer thing going for ya.

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Post by UnicornHunter » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:51 pm

BigZuck wrote:
sublime wrote:hang out at the school...for free beer
Wait a minute, is this like a real thing that really happens?

Only law school free booze I ever got was from a journal that I pay dues to

And I go to a party law school

Eta: Just read the rest of the thread.

W

T

F
Really? There are times when I can't turn a corner at Chicago without running into free or very cheap alcohol.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 pm

TheUnicornHunter wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
sublime wrote:hang out at the school...for free beer
Wait a minute, is this like a real thing that really happens?

Only law school free booze I ever got was from a journal that I pay dues to

And I go to a party law school

Eta: Just read the rest of the thread.

W

T

F
Really? There are times when I can't turn a corner at Chicago without running into free or very cheap alcohol.
Ya, srs

Your school sounds like kinda a joke, maybe they should ratchet up the rigor a notch or two

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post by PourMeTea » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:55 am

rpupkin wrote:
Fiero85 wrote: Fake outlines
I'm sorry...what is this? Like someone created an intentionally bad outline and then shared it in order to sabotage others?
yeah, it was hilariously transparent and posted in a public group. probably to generate some goodwill after the NDA went public

also, for another class, there was a really great old outline going around to a few people. another 1L deleted massive chunks of it before sending it to someone else who asked for it

SmokeyBar

New

Post by SmokeyBar » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:49 am

Last edited by SmokeyBar on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:23 am

Just saw all the stuff re: WUSTL shenanigans you all posted. Holy shit, guys.

Giddy-Up

Bronze

Post by Giddy-Up » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:07 pm

During my 1L year, there was a girl that gave birth right around the end of April. My wife, not a law student, also gave birth at the end of April. Another guy's wife had a kid at the beginning of April. Obviously the girl got to take her finals later than the rest of us. I later found out that the guy also got to take his finals a couple months later - which seemed absurd. It is not like he missed class or anything - I never even thought this was a possibility. I don't know if it was really an advantage, but I have to assume he took the same final as everyone else, otherwise it would be tough to grade him on the curve. It would have been pretty easy to find out from a classmate what the exam consisted of.

bnghle234

Bronze

Post by bnghle234 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:02 pm

I can tell you now that none of the people in my class who got time extensions on their exams ended up anywhere near the top of the class 1L year. None. So, I don't think they're affecting the curve.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Fri May 01, 2015 1:17 pm

bnghle234 wrote:I can tell you now that none of the people in my class who got time extensions on their exams ended up anywhere near the top of the class 1L year. None. So, I don't think they're affecting the curve.
I can tell you now that a number of people at the top of the 1L class at WUSTL got time extensions. So, I think they're affecting the curve.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alphasteve

Diamond

Post by alphasteve » Fri May 01, 2015 2:34 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
bnghle234 wrote:I can tell you now that none of the people in my class who got time extensions on their exams ended up anywhere near the top of the class 1L year. None. So, I don't think they're affecting the curve.
I can tell you now that a number of people at the top of the 1L class at WUSTL got time extensions. So, I think they're affecting the curve.
Based on the previous comments in this thread, let's go ahead and not use WUSTL as counter example here given how willing 1Ls there are to do anything to get ahead.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Fri May 01, 2015 2:36 pm

alphasteve wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
Based on the previous comments in this thread, let's go ahead and not use WUSTL as counter example here given how willing 1Ls there are to do anything to get ahead.
Fair, but this thread was started by a WUSTL student that was complaining about this issue, so I thought it was fair to point out.

alphasteve

Diamond

Post by alphasteve » Fri May 01, 2015 2:41 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
alphasteve wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
Fair, but this thread was started by a WUSTL student that was complaining about this issue, so I thought it was fair to point out.
Ohh.. shit.. full circle. Carry on.

Nekrowizard

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by Nekrowizard » Fri May 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Nekrowizard on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Fri May 01, 2015 2:53 pm

SmokeyBar wrote:A student in my 1L class seemingly got a mental disability the first semester that allowed him to do our section's only standard law exam (super-time crunch issue spotter), with extra time in a separate room. This allowed him to devote more time to other classes. He got a summer 1L SA at a pretty sweet firm, and graded onto law review. He's a smart guy, and might have done just as well without pulling the maneuver he pulled (supposedly he developed serious problem z during the semester due to stress). Instead of taking time off, he just got extra time on the time-crunch exam.

The new thing with 2L and 3L classes is a large portion of the LLM students getting extra time and cushioned grades. Some of the classes will be 55% LLM, 45% JD. Some of the LLMs (15%) will sit the exam with the JDs, while a larger chunk get extra time (40%). Then the prof fits (forces) everyone into the same curve. When you compare classes where the curves are separate, you get: regular class X curve is 40% As, and 5-10% Cs; Class X LLM curve is 60% As, 40% Bs. So, imagine how the mixed classes are with "one curve".... With law schools supplementing lower JD enrollments with more LLMs, they are allowing professors to distort the traditional law school curve with this nonsense. It may work itself out in the future as they continue to tweak the programs. But for now.....
I would rather not get extra time than take a law school exam not in my native language.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:55 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
same here at pontifical catholic. fuck em.

Nekrowizard

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by Nekrowizard » Fri May 01, 2015 3:12 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Nekrowizard on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Nekrowizard wrote:
chimp wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
same here at pontifical catholic. fuck em.
I mean, there's no way for them not to affect the curve unless they're all at the bottom of it.
fuck em

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Fri May 08, 2015 10:03 am

The type of student that annoys me the most are part-time evening students that have no jobs, or had no intention of keeping the minimally challenging job they had. They likely saw that most part-timers had mid to senior level positions, families, and/or were non-traditional age-wise. The blood in the water and easy A's were probably too enticing.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Fri May 08, 2015 11:01 am

RCinDNA wrote:The type of student that annoys me the most are part-time evening students that have no jobs, or had no intention of keeping the minimally challenging job they had. They likely saw that most part-timers had mid to senior level positions, families, and/or were non-traditional age-wise. The blood in the water and easy A's were probably too enticing.
Egregious Zacharus call out.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Mon May 11, 2015 6:06 am

Nebby wrote:
RCinDNA wrote:The type of student that annoys me the most are part-time evening students that have no jobs, or had no intention of keeping the minimally challenging job they had. They likely saw that most part-timers had mid to senior level positions, families, and/or were non-traditional age-wise. The blood in the water and easy A's were probably too enticing.
Eh, the people I know with no jobs also have little motivation - they're far from the top performers. Maybe it's different elsewhere but the busiest of us also seem the most motivated to get shit done.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon May 11, 2015 11:07 am

zacharus85 wrote:
Nebby wrote:
Eh, the people I know with no jobs also have little motivation - they're far from the top performers. Maybe it's different elsewhere but the busiest of us also seem the most motivated to get shit done.
just out of curiosity: is there any hope of finding proper employment after graduation for the PT students who don't have a day job?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Mon May 11, 2015 11:59 am

No better or worse than those with jobs, if you're talking about BigLaw. It's all about grades and how you sell yourself. A PT student who can spin her resume well will win the day at OCI - having work experience helps with that but guarantees nothing.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Mon May 11, 2015 12:15 pm

FWIW I don't know who Zacharus85 is :P. I'm referring to a couple of gunners at my school who specifically left their jobs after being accepted to a part time program, because they have savings and/or parents helping with living expenses, so they can afford to take an extra year to complete their schooling. I don't know if this is a widespread strategy, but I know of a few lol.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Mon May 11, 2015 2:09 pm

RCinDNA wrote:FWIW I don't know who Zacharus85 is :P. I'm referring to a couple of gunners at my school who specifically left their jobs after being accepted to a part time program, because they have savings and/or parents helping with living expenses, so they can afford to take an extra year to complete their schooling. I don't know if this is a widespread strategy, but I know of a few lol.
Who knows if this helps? This is not the same thing as what this thread is getting at. Extra time on a racehorse exam is a clear leg up on an exam.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon May 11, 2015 2:20 pm

RCinDNA wrote:FWIW I don't know who Zacharus85 is :P. I'm referring to a couple of gunners at my school who specifically left their jobs after being accepted to a part time program, because they have savings and/or parents helping with living expenses, so they can afford to take an extra year to complete their schooling. I don't know if this is a widespread strategy, but I know of a few lol.
I'm not getting why this is a bad thing?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”