Help Studying for Corporations Exam

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Ravenclaw23

Help Studying for Corporations Exam

Postby Ravenclaw23 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:48 pm

Any suggestions on how to study for business associations/corporations? For all my other exams I have my outline down to 1 or 2 pages & am doing nothing but practice questions, but there is just so much stuff for corporations that I don't feel like an attack outline is feasible.

Any suggestions on better approaches? (Or places to find good Multiple Choice Practice Qs?)

mvp99

Re: Help Studying for Corporations Exam

Postby mvp99 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:51 pm

lol what? corporations can be boiled down to half a page

FSK

Postby FSK » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:56 pm

mvp99 wrote:lol what? corporations can be boiled down to half a page

Disagree. I'm studying for it right now, and my outline is about 40 pages. It fits what my professor is testing (based on practice exams), where every question is either a) a trick direclty referencing a case we studied (so having a brief of the case means you get the right answer 99% of hte time), or b) requires you to know DGCL/Model Act/California, or c) Tests some stupid rule that we tlaked about for 5 minutes.

If I condense any further, it wouldn't be complete, and the test is only 40 questinos over 3 hours so I have PLENTY of time to flip pages.

k5220

Postby k5220 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:41 pm

flawschoolkid wrote:
mvp99 wrote:lol what? corporations can be boiled down to half a page

Disagree. I'm studying for it right now, and my outline is about 40 pages. It fits what my professor is testing (based on practice exams), where every question is either a) a trick direclty referencing a case we studied (so having a brief of the case means you get the right answer 99% of hte time), or b) requires you to know DGCL/Model Act/California, or c) Tests some stupid rule that we tlaked about for 5 minutes.

If I condense any further, it wouldn't be complete, and the test is only 40 questinos over 3 hours so I have PLENTY of time to flip pages.

When you can't condense your outline, just make it easier to use. Put little sticky tabs at the beginning of each major section (which you can also use as a checklist if you're not sure you're thinking of all the issues), underline significant stuff, highlight the most important stuff, familiarize yourself with the structure and content.

(Similarly marking up your statutory book if you have time is helpful, although I've only had to do that in really complicated statutory classes like Immigration)

ElminaKenley

Postby ElminaKenley » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Do practice more and more yourself it makes you perfect for your corporation exams. In my point of view the best and simple way do it. :)

Indigo12

Postby Indigo12 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Has anyone taken theirs yet? I have and will be sitting in here for a bit to chat about it: http://tinychat.com/CorpsExamDone

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”