should I sign this court order--C&F issues related

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
legalcupcake

should I sign this court order--C&F issues related

Postby legalcupcake » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:17 pm

A few weeks ago, I posted an article online. It affected some people's reputation, but the contents are true or at least substantially true.
I got sued for defamation.Once I got served, the plaintiff's attorney kept on contacting me saying they want to settle.
They say they don't want money or injunctions from me, the only thing they want is taking those articles down from Google search engine (because now if you google their names, those articles will pop up, and one of the people involved is in a powerful position). But for Google to do that, they need the court issue an order against me.
I brought my case to a lawyer and he thinks I have a strong case. However, he won't take my case for a retainer fee $10,000.
I don't have that kind of money.
The opposing counsel now says they can drop the case if I sign a court order saying I " made some false or/and unlawful statements."
I am not sure how bad this would affect my future bar C&F application if I signed something like that. But I cannot afford an attorney.
I thought to represent myself, but now is only a couple of weeks until finals, I really don't have time to figure out how to write that motion.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

El Pollito
party fowl

Re: should I sign this court order--C&F issues related

Postby El Pollito » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:19 pm

not a legal advice forum

A. Nony Mouse

Re: should I sign this court order--C&F issues related

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:20 pm

No one here can give you legal advice.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”